Boomtown Chapter Four: Power of Now

gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Just got tickets for the first time so thought i'd kick this thread off 🙂 

Can I ask what made you get tickets for next year? 

I was considering returning next year but the reviews seem a bit negative this year and the line-up was a bit on the light side for me this year too. 

45 minutes ago, stuie said:

I was considering returning next year but the reviews seem a bit negative this year and the line-up was a bit on the light side for me this year too. 

Missed it this year and not done it before

Not much more to it - I know a lot of people who went and loved it. Lineup maybe a bit weak but should just mean its better next year (+ rumours of the other bit coming back etc)

57 minutes ago, stuie said:

I felt it was the slickest Boomtown has ever been. Sound levels were great, it never seemed overly crowded, the toilets were much more available and cleaner than they were at Glastonbury, and logistically it all just seemed to work. Yes, the line up wasn't amazing, but that's not what Boomtown has ever been about. There is talk of the Lions Den coming back, but i'm not 100% sure if it will be next year.

Boomtown is wild, full on and a crazy festival, but I think everyone is aware of that. I probably enjoyed myself much more at Boomtown this year than i did at Glastonbury, which i found far too overcrowded and the line up having terrible balance across the whole weekend. It's probably worth noting that more or less every festival has been a bit light on the line up front this year, so maybe that's saying more about the availability of artists than anything else. It's also worth noting that Boomtown had a big secret guest booked, but they dropped out a few weeks before the festival.

Echo this.

Production was immense as always! 

Just back from Oxfam stewarding Boomtown and the customers seemed to be having a fantastic time. They manage to be up for everything and totally chilled out all at the same time. It’s just a fantastic place to be regardless of who is on. 

We found a huge variety if music all over the site and a crowd ready to enjoy what they found. You can just wander and stumble across stuff - like Glastonbury used to be 

Me and a group of 8 of us went to Boomtown  for the first time this year and were all Glastonbury veterans that didn't think there was anything else out there other than Glastonbury.how wrong where we ,everyone of us has said that Boomtown is better and that were all going again next year instead of .were all quite in to our bags of fun and we all love the naughty corner but for me Boomtown blows that out of the water it makes the south east corner at Glasto look old and tired.  Visually everything is stunning and mind blowing and that origin Stage OMG! What a site ,like someone has said it's not over cramped ,you can stand towards the back with plenty of room to ance but still feel well and truly part of any set ,the sound systems are fantastic. Bring on next year 

• Upvote 3

8th time for me this year. 

Went with 1 regular and 4 newbies and it really gave me the excitement of the festival back.    

Once arrived we refused to give the newbies any 'insider' insight/info other than occasional direction if we were running late for someone I wanted to see.  Took a back seat and let them lead - that was my storyline.  Seeing them discover and explore led to some brilliant laughs.     

I'll be back for sure.   

Only minor quibble was that queue in Campervans on Thursday lunch to get searched & banded was atrocious.   2 hrs of torture for no search other than a dog sniff outside.  Must learn to count my blessings!   

First time for our group this year and we were absolutely blown away. The depth, the detail, the atmosphere of the whole place just sucks you in. It is genuinely beyond belief how they put this together and the opps team deserve some kind of medal. 

Feel like we really gave the story a fair crack on the Saturday, got fairly deep into CopperWood and Botanica but overall we barely scratched the surface. Didn't hear whisperings of The Network until the Sunday when we were communing with the witches coven and by then it was very much becoming a vibes in the sun kind of day. 

I really underestimated how little the lineup matters, it's obviously nice to have but multiple of us are already talking about next year regardless of who ends up on the poster. I honestly went in with pretty high expectations and they were definitely surpassed, 9/10, all-time great fest no question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1