Sziget 2025

My prediction for 6 headliners:

EDM: calvin harris / tiesto (maybe this time cos he has never performed yet at sziget) instead of the ordinary garrix/harris/guetta pattern…

rock: maneskin (theres quite huge demand from visitors, subscribers from forums and online platforms)

pop: troye sivan / tate mcrae (something new for the younger generations)

rap: lil nas x / doja cat

surprise: shakira

other: weeknd or another indie rock act (like hozier, cos thats another common critics to sziget that theres too less rock year by year..)

Edited by mathuska

7 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Charli XCX

I think she's less likely now than ever. Her stock is way up high now.

Totally random hot takes I've got just by feeling: Soft Play, Dub FX, Chase and Status, Holly Humberstone, The Clockworks. 

And I refuse to shut up about Wet Leg! 😄 

Edit: I wrote this time last year: 
"My early, bold prediction is that Azahriah (from Hungary) will get a subheadliner spot on the day of a big popstar." So I'm patting on my shoulder because of that. But I had a source saying Azi only comes if he's asked to come as a sub and nothing else, so that was a big hint I got and this time I've got nothing.

Edit so it's not a double post:

Dates Sziget announced their first names

Sziget 2024: 12 Dec 2023 (first clue in late August, jumped the gun, artist didn't end up coming)
Sziget 2023: 1 Dec 2022 (first clue a month prior)

Sziget 2022: 22 Nov 2021 (first clue 2 months prior)

Sziget 2020: 12 Feb 2020 (80 names)

Sziget 2019: 27 Nov 2018 (20 Sept 2018 - Ed Sheeran)

Sziget 2018: 22 Jan 2018

Sziget 2017: 15 Dec 2016

Edited by kristofm

On 8/14/2024 at 1:16 PM, #1SzigetFan said:

My 2025 headliner predictions:

Lil Nas X

*NSYNC

Charli XCX

SZA

The Cure

The Killers

I’d take it anytime, but I’m afraid if they’d did this, there would be no money left for decent undercards.

19 hours ago, CCester said:

A tl;dr maybe for the ones not speaking Durch?

Google translate seems to be pretty good. (Thanks for the article, DDave!)

- “a whole new era for Sziget” that will start from 2025: “We are going to do everything differently.”
- Kádár qualifies that they do not necessarily want to change anything in the programming: “It is diverse enough, that part of the festival is coherent. It will be more about how we present the whole. People should actually come to Sziget for Sziget, and not for the line-up. The line-up is important, but not why people come to Sziget in the first place.”

- “Sziget has never been a festival that focuses on the lineup, we focus on the experience. In the last 7-8 years we did have really strong lineups, but that was the era of lineups for festivals in Europe. I wouldn’t say it’s completely over, but festivals are looking at it differently.”
- The festival director is not very specific, but he does seem to hint at adding new areas, themes and zones. With this, the festival wants to reduce its dependence on the market supply of touring acts, in line with the strategy that Pinkpop has been using since this year .
- Belgian Tomorrowland as an example in terms of stage designs. Kádár also emphasizes that Sziget has made a lot of progress in recent years when it comes to themes such as safety, sanitation and comfort. In the future, the food and drinks must also be even better, he says.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Google translate seems to be pretty good. (Thanks for the article, DDave!)

- “a whole new era for Sziget” that will start from 2025: “We are going to do everything differently.”
- Kádár qualifies that they do not necessarily want to change anything in the programming: “It is diverse enough, that part of the festival is coherent. It will be more about how we present the whole. People should actually come to Sziget for Sziget, and not for the line-up. The line-up is important, but not why people come to Sziget in the first place.”

- “Sziget has never been a festival that focuses on the lineup, we focus on the experience. In the last 7-8 years we did have really strong lineups, but that was the era of lineups for festivals in Europe. I wouldn’t say it’s completely over, but festivals are looking at it differently.”
- The festival director is not very specific, but he does seem to hint at adding new areas, themes and zones. With this, the festival wants to reduce its dependence on the market supply of touring acts, in line with the strategy that Pinkpop has been using since this year .
- Belgian Tomorrowland as an example in terms of stage designs. Kádár also emphasizes that Sziget has made a lot of progress in recent years when it comes to themes such as safety, sanitation and comfort. In the future, the food and drinks must also be even better, he says.

Commercially sziget could do worse in making it a big edm festival. In the way tomorrowland/creamfields/untold is set up. 

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Their tiktok seems to leak travis scott

For me the blurred words seems to be 2 words. The second word looks like just as ,,Scott’’. I think it can be Travis Scott, or Asap Rocky too,  if you focus on the first word. I think Asap Rocky would be more likely, because he supposed to be a sub or headliner in 2020.

23 minutes ago, Geri17 said:

IMG_5748.jpeg

Thanks!

99% sure the first bit is Asap. And it's really about time to get him, because he was first supposed to come in 2020, and IIRC in 2022 they used his song under one of the "new names incoming" video, so everyone expected him, but never arrived. 

• Like 1

I think Dua Lipa is a sure name for next year, if she is touring. Sziget was her first major festival she headlined back in 2018 and in 2022 it was packed, she can sell. With new album and new tour, 3 years apart is enough for comeback. 

• Upvote 1

Foster the people released an album a few days ago and were originally booked back in 2020. If they go on tour next year, which I think is highly possible, they could very well be a part of sziget lineup

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 10:38 AM, activean said:

2025 headliners: 

Travis Scott, Chappell Roan, Dua Lipa, Major Lazer, The chainsmokers, The Killers

Just a guessing game off course

Decent guess but can't see Major Lazer and Chainsmokers both headlining. Think Travis, Killers and Chappell are decent shouts though.

• Thanks 1