Sziget 2025

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Daughter has suggested Olivia Rodrigo and Sabrina Carpenter as being possibilities. Both seem plausible.

Instead of Dua, they definitely trying to book one of them first. I'm really afraid of the line-up tbh, I don't want to be disappointed if Travis or ASAP not on the line-up 😄

23 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Daughter has suggested Olivia Rodrigo and Sabrina Carpenter as being possibilities. Both seem plausible.

I'm watching too much much live concerts on YouTube and a couple of days ago Sabrinas concert from Outside lands pop up and played at the background and it seems quite nice honestly, rock & funk from 60's kind of vibe.

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster here!

2024 is wild for me, lot of great artist released an album this year (or will) and these are only the names that I know and interest me or that I listened to years ago:

A. G. Cook / Alfie Templeman / Amyl and the Sniffers / Aurora / Bastille / Billie Eilish / Blossoms / Bob Vylan / Bring Me the Horizon / Cage the Elephant / Caravan Palace / Charli xcx / Chelsea Wolfe / Childish Gambino / Cigarettes After Sex / Clairo / Coldplay / Conan Gray / DIIV / Dead Poet Society / Declan McKenna / Delta Heavy / Denzel Curry / Destroy Boys / Dua Lipa / Ezra Collective / FKA Twigs / Fidlar / Fletcher / Floating Points / Fontaines D.C. / Foster the People / Four Tet / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Fred again.. / Gary Clark Jr. / Gesaffelstein / Girl in Red / Glass Animals / I Dont Know How But They Found Me / Idles / Imagine Dragons / JPEGMafia / James Blake and Lil Yachty / Jamie xx / Jon Hopkins / Justice / Kasabian / Khruangbin / King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard / Lana Del Rey / Little Simz / Lola Young / London Grammar / Mannequin Pussy / Megan Thee Stallion / Neil Frances / Nero / Nilüfer Yanya / Palaye Royale / Peggy Gou / Porter Robinson / RM / Remi Wolf / Rex Orange County / Rezz / Royel Otis / Sabrina Carpenter / Saint Levant / Soccer Mommy / Sofi Tukker / Soft Play / St. Vincent / Still Corners / Suki Waterhouse / The Last Dinner Party / The Smile / The Weeknd / Toro y Moi / Twenty One Pilots / Vampire Weekend / Vince Staples / Willow / Xiu Xiu / μ-Ziq

Names in bold: they’ve played at Sziget this year but i don’t care, they can come again

Please Sziget, you have so many relevant options and many names aren’t even that big, just pick five from here and i’m all good. A girl can wish 🙂

PS: and don’t get me started on those artists who dropped an album in 2023 lol

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Sziget had Oasis in 2000, Noel in 2016, Liam twice... can we have Oasis reunion next year IF the rumours are true?

Really doubt that average Sziget visitor nowadays needs it (unfortunately). 

1 hour ago, CCester said:

Even if they did, I doubt Sziget could afford to book Oasis.

They had money to bring Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Arctic Monkeys, Justin Bieber & other popular acts in the past years. Don't think these are cheaper than Oasis.

47 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

They had money to bring Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Arctic Monkeys, Justin Bieber & other popular acts in the past years. Don't think these are cheaper than Oasis.

Well, yes, but that was before they had that huge loss last year. And Leaks said the ticket sales this year were far below expected, so I guess it won’t be a profitable year again. And I’d also argue if those are cheaper or not than Oasis, but I don’t have to knowledge to do so, but I think after 15 years they can ask for a fee as high as they want.

Edited by CCester

21 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Sziget had Oasis in 2000, Noel in 2016, Liam twice... can we have Oasis reunion next year IF the rumours are true?

They stated that the dates announced today are exclusive European appearances, so we can rule them out.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, dude111 said:

and now we'll wait for LP

New rumours say the new singer is actually Deryck from Sum41 but if that's true, I wouldn't be that excited about a Linkin Park reunion. I don't think that Deryck is capable to sing the high notes that well at his age during live gigs, so I would prefer a young female vocalist. Another reason for this is that people wouldn't compare Chester's voice with the one of the new singer.

20 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

New rumours say the new singer is actually Deryck from Sum41 but if that's true, I wouldn't be that excited about a Linkin Park reunion. I don't think that Deryck is capable to sing the high notes that well at his age during live gigs, so I would prefer a young female vocalist. Another reason for this is that people wouldn't compare Chester's voice with the one of the new singer.

11 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Yeah, I know that one, it's from 4 years ago. More recent Sum41 videos don't look great. This one doesn't sound awesome either tbh.

This one with Bonnie Fraser, instead, sounds much more better: 

Deryck just announced on social media that he won't be joining Oasis and/or Linkin Park, so I guess we're going to get Linkin Park + a female vocalist. Let's see if we'll also get some tour dates tomorrow, I wonder if they'll be doing festivals next year.