Sziget 2025

1 hour ago, thetime said:

You guys know these sort of bands are not for sziget nowadays. 

They had Liam this year though. They also have bands like The Cure in the suggested artists on their 2025 wishmachine survey.

12 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

They had Liam this year though. They also have bands like The Cure in the suggested artists on their 2025 wishmachine survey.

Liam been playing constant stadiums/arenas and headlining festivals.

Wishlists is just a marketing ploy, has no bearing who plays. 

No way linking park get headline status, nevermind sziget. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Wishlists is just a marketing ploy, has no bearing who plays. 

I think this time it was pretty interesting that they came along with options you can choose from. All of those were realistic, including The Cure. There was no Taylor Swift or Green Day or System of a Down on that list.

However, Oasis won't play at Sziget, they're in UK+Ireland during August.

I think Linkin Park would be great and they are expected to do festivals. They've got songs everyone knows, they're not a random rock act you'd book just for the sake of it. That would be huge. My only concern is money, I'm pretty sure they would cost a lot for such an eagerly anticipated gig.

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2024 at 10:45 AM, #1SzigetFan said:

New rumours say the new singer is actually Deryck from Sum41 but if that's true, I wouldn't be that excited about a Linkin Park reunion. I don't think that Deryck is capable to sing the high notes that well at his age during live gigs, so I would prefer a young female vocalist. Another reason for this is that people wouldn't compare Chester's voice with the one of the new singer.

In Hungary, people really like Linkin Park. In 2017, they performed for the first (and sadly, last time) in Hungary at Volt Festival, which was organized by Sziget Zrt., and the tickets for the Linkin Park day was sold out really fast  So, if they not come to Budapest Aréna or other venue during the reunion tour, it's very likely that they will book them, because LP has a really large fanbase here (I would really like to see them live, so if any organizers lurking at this forum PLEASE :D).  + When they started this 100 hour countdown, several festivals shared it in IG Story, so it has a really large chance, and I would be very happy with that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Linkin Park were promoting the Bleed It Out song a lot in the past few weeks... honestly I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the countdown they'll post a video or something with the Mike Shinoda & Bonnie Fraser version of the track to announce Bonnie as the new vocalist + a tour.

16 minutes ago, TheAnonimMan said:

In Hungary, people really like Linkin Park. In 2017, they performed for the first (and sadly, last time) in Hungary at Volt Festival, which was organized by Sziget Zrt., and the tickets for the Linkin Park day was sold out really fast  So, if they not come to Budapest Aréna or other venue during the reunion tour, it's very likely that they will book them, because LP has a really large fanbase here (I would really like to see them live, so if any organizers lurking at this forum PLEASE :D).  + When they started this 100 hour countdown, several festivals shared it in IG Story, so it has a really large chance, and I would be very happy with that.

Yes, Linkin Park are huge in the area. In the 2000s maybe them and Eminem were the most popular artists among the youngsters.

Edit: just saw an interview on /r/popunkers subreddit with Bonnie, she says that she won't be the new singer either. Interesting.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

23 minutes ago, TheAnonimMan said:

Which festivals? That could be a sign of where they're going.

And btw yeah, I can confirm that. Especially In the End, that's the kind of song you can play at almost any event around here, people love it and going to sing the lyrics. 

Edited by kristofm
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheAnonimMan said:

And Rock am Ring 😄 Please Sziget, please invite them 

Rock am Ring didn’t share story neither reel. Their announcement is coming at 4pm, while Linkin Park announcement is at 8:15pm.

So it’s not so sure that Linkin Park will be second headliner on Ring & Park

1 minute ago, #1SzigetFan said:

When Linkin Park's countdown was already over, it became a countup

Biggest troll of the year? They're going to piss off lots of fans with that kind of communication. Including me. I guess we gonna have to wait 100 more hours now.

12 minutes ago, Archi said:

Biggest troll of the year? They're going to piss off lots of fans with that kind of communication. Including me. I guess we gonna have to wait 100 more hours now.

There was another glitch at 9:05... probably it means something, possibly the 5th of September?

I realise this sounds a bit tenuous but wanted to at least pass it on. Not sure how true this is, but the wife of a new colleague of mine knows someone high-up at Festival Republic and she's said that the act they are really trying to secure for Reading and Leeds '25 is Post Malone. A possible for Sziget too perhaps?

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

I realise this sounds a bit tenuous but wanted to at least pass it on. Not sure how true this is, but the wife of a new colleague of mine knows someone high-up at Festival Republic and she's said that the act they are really trying to secure for Reading and Leeds '25 is Post Malone. A possible for Sziget too perhaps?

Well.. maybe, he was there in 2019 and he's also suggested on wishmachine, and he's on tour in the us right now, which probably means European tour next summer 🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, ReljaGajić said:

Well.. maybe, he was there in 2019 and he's also suggested on wishmachine, and he's on tour in the us right now, which probably means European tour next summer 🤷‍♂️

I would really like to see him, and he's suggested on Wish Machine, sooo... I would be really happy with it!

On 8/19/2024 at 12:41 PM, billybigballs said:

Decent guess but can't see Major Lazer and Chainsmokers both headlining. Think Travis, Killers and Chappell are decent shouts though.

The Chainsmokers are headlining Colours of Ostrava 3 weeks prior Sziget, wouldn't rule them out. No clue about Major Lazer. 

On 8/19/2024 at 11:41 AM, billybigballs said:

Decent guess but can't see Major Lazer and Chainsmokers both headlining. Think Travis, Killers and Chappell are decent shouts though.

I don't see it being them. Brandon Flowers gave an interview saying he's planning to release a solo album in 2025 so I'd expect him to be focused on touring that instead.

18 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Thinking of going with the wife and 3 teenage daughters. Is it worth the effort? and when are the tickets released? 

We've been to the last four editions with our kids, who are now 13 and 19. Is it worth the effort? Absolutely.