Billy Nomates at Leftfield 2024

WS_Jack_III

1 hour ago, hurdy said:

Caught the last three tracks including the bit with Billy Bragg. She was ace and well received by the crowd.

Enjoyed her too, she put a lot into it as always. 

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Was she doing her usual act or now with a band?

The usual, I saw more things than I typically do in there and most of them had a modest band if any. 

17 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Enjoyed her too, she put a lot into it as always. 

The usual, I saw more things than I typically do in there and most of them had a modest band if any. 

Interesting, I've just seen a video on YouTube where she performs 'Balance is Gone' with a band and it claimed she's touring with them later in the year. The performance was alright but lost a lot of the energy of her usual style. 

4 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Interesting, I've just seen a video on YouTube where she performs 'Balance is Gone' with a band and it claimed she's touring with them later in the year. The performance was alright but lost a lot of the energy of her usual style. 

A video from Leftfield? 

It's certainly possible my judgement was "clouded" 

7 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

No sorry. A video from somewhere else, I just wondered if she had a band at Glastonbury too. 

Found this

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/kaQ39KMhUxyEb6HK/

Also https://www.facebook.com/share/p/oWXiCk2kKWrika1f/

Looks like they share a few things on FB 

Edited by clarkete

19 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

She is touring with a band in Dec. It’s deliberately meant to be different to normal and more low key I think. 

4 hours ago, t0paz said:

She is touring with a band in Dec. It’s deliberately meant to be different to normal and more low key I think. 

Interesting, this is the information I was looking for. I was eyeing up her show in Leeds. Has she ever done this before or do we think it's a response to the criticism? 

6 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Interesting, this is the information I was looking for. I was eyeing up her show in Leeds. Has she ever done this before or do we think it's a response to the criticism? 

Am I the only person who doesn't know what criticism you're referring to? 

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'd imagine so. She got horrible abuse online from her Glastonbury 23 performance on the Park stage.

Oh.  In my mind that would only reflect very poorly on the abusers. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Oh.  In my mind that would only reflect very poorly on the abusers. 

Indeed.

She probably felt terrible for a day or two, but she (rightly) got an incredible amount of support from fellow performers and the public, and loads of free publicity.

A net gain, in the end.

• Upvote 1