Glastonbury ticket holder survey

Crazyfool01

Glad to find some discussion on this survey!  -  I thought it was a great survey all in all,

found it very difficult to remember specific time slots when it was busy though so I left it all blank.

I would love to see the results of the survey but we probably never will.

I wonder what sparked it? I think perhaps a general lack of knowledge from GF about who is actually attending the festival.

I think SZA’s low attendance has something to do with it as well, and the festival not being aware in advance how few 15-25 years olds are actually on-site?

My theory is that the results of this survey will lead the festival organisers into a decision about a big change in the ticketing designed to diversify the ticket holders.

But what is that big change?

There isn't many teenagers on site as its less practical to pull them out of school especially as timing is literally on exam season plus they are just so expensive at adult rates. 

My son says his early twenties mates just can't punt that much money without a lineup and aren't organised enough to make it through the ticket buying process that far in advance.

• Upvote 1

Here is a link to the survey that has been sent out by SeeTickets to everyone who purchased a ticket.

Please only complete the survey if you actually attended the festival in 2024. 

Hopefully this will enable the festival to improve things for everyone next year! 🎉

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GFSURVEY2024

😊

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/16/2024 at 10:05 PM, StoneCircle said:

I thought so too and it's very important that it gets completed by everyone old and new to the festival. 

I'd very much disagree with everyone, but I think those I would disagree about it being filled in by are those who clearly haven't been for a decade or two (and won't again) yet always feel obliged to comment on official FB posts.   Thankfully I doubt they would bother - but I hope nobody would tweet or share there nonetheless. 

The - "who?" , "it was better in my day" , "it's all commercial now" type folks.  No recent experience yet compelled to share their "insight" 

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'd very much disagree with everyone, but I think those I would disagree about it being filled in by are those who clearly haven't been for a decade or two (and won't again) yet always feel obliged to comment on official FB posts.   Thankfully I doubt they would bother - but I hope nobody would tweet or share there nonetheless. 

The - "who?" , "it was better in my day" , "it's all commercial now" type folks.  No recent experience yet compelled to share their "insight" 

By everyone, my meaning was those who were actually at this years festival. I will amend my post accordingly.... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

By everyone, my meaning was those who were actually at this years festival. I will amend my post accordingly.... 

Oh sorry, I wasn't meaning you to censor tbh I knew you didn't mean "let's poll the planet" 🙂, I think sometimes I'm a tad emphatic - too much time talking to gits in other places online atm 😉

Edited by clarkete

On 8/17/2024 at 8:59 AM, eyebrain said:

I wonder what's the Worthy FM statistics gonna be like.. i have a bad feeling it's not as listened as people think it is.. 

I listen more when I’m sat at home without a ticket.   I do sometimes have a listen in the early hours after we’ve stumbled back to East campervans. 
used to listen much more on site back in the day when most things shut by 1am.

R.I.P Daddy Teacha

Edited by Woody-Club UK

21 hours ago, Wildglastotheo said:

Glad to find some discussion on this survey!  -  I thought it was a great survey all in all,

found it very difficult to remember specific time slots when it was busy though so I left it all blank.

I wonder what sparked it? I think perhaps a general lack of knowledge from GF about who is actually attending the festival.

I think SZA’s low attendance has something to do with it as well, and the festival not being aware in advance how few 15-25 years olds are actually on-site?

My theory is that the results of this survey will lead the festival organisers into a decision about a big change in the ticketing designed to diversify the ticket holders.

Don’t think there’s too much to be read into it tbh … makes total sense that the festival is getting feedback while some smaller festivals are struggling . It also shows that they are listening to what punters think . 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Or Merseyside!

I'm outside of Bristol, so could choose Gloucestershire, but wonder what those in the city would choose...guess they know 🙂

Edited by clarkete

On 8/17/2024 at 10:02 PM, giantkatestacks said:

There isn't many teenagers on site as its less practical to pull them out of school especially as timing is literally on exam season plus they are just so expensive at adult rates. 

My son says his early twenties mates just can't punt that much money without a lineup and aren't organised enough to make it through the ticket buying process that far in advance.

Yeah this is what I think too, it feels like the crowd is becoming slowly homogenised into 30-35 year olds of a certain demographic. Meaning that Certain things are really busy because everyone wants to do the same thing. Or has this always been the case? 

my first time was in 2009 at 19 - 19 year old me would probably not have attended if the difficulty and price was what it is today. And that does make me sad for today’s 19 year olds.

On 8/17/2024 at 1:37 PM, Wildglastotheo said:

They would have this data from seetickets as registrations have date of birth

On 8/17/2024 at 10:02 PM, giantkatestacks said:

I'm 23 and think I would have struggled to convince mates if we hadn't done multiple festivals before and been on this site.

Its hardly somewhere you would pick for your first festival as a group given there's no lineup (some mates have joined us though as their first fest now we're in the rhythm)

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

No Manchester or Greater Manchester options either, so I’m forced to put the historic 50 years out of date Lancashire as my home.

I just did other and said Greater Manchester.

45 minutes ago, Wildglastotheo said:

I was surprised by this so went on the reg form to check - it doesn’t ask for D.O.B. 

Ah yeah my mistake.

Still reckon they would have a pretty fair idea of the demographic though

1 hour ago, Wildglastotheo said:

Yeah this is what I think too, it feels like the crowd is becoming slowly homogenised into 30-35 year olds of a certain demographic. Meaning that Certain things are really busy because everyone wants to do the same thing. Or has this always been the case? 

my first time was in 2009 at 19 - 19 year old me would probably not have attended if the difficulty and price was what it is today. And that does make me sad for today’s 19 year olds.

I don't think it is 30-35 but late twenties just to be precise. By 30-35 lots of people are dropping out for their first child. Its late twenties where people don't have kids, have the cash and are organised enough to get tickets.

16 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I don't think it is 30-35 but late twenties just to be precise. By 30-35 lots of people are dropping out for their first child. Its late twenties where people don't have kids, have the cash and are organised enough to get tickets.

A tiny sample, but I went with @parsonjackto see Remi Wolf (who put on a great well received show). 

I'd have said your estimate fits that I remember their crowd being younger than 30,as it looks here from about 50 seconds in a pan shot...  (yes we were much older) 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 11:56 PM, StoneCircle said:

Here is a link to the survey that has been sent out by SeeTickets to everyone who purchased a ticket.

Please only complete the survey if you actually attended the festival in 2024. 

Hopefully this will enable the festival to improve things for everyone next year! 🎉

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GFSURVEY2024

😊

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Can someone drop me a link to the survey as well please? Was volunteering but would love to leave my feedback

It's in the post quoted above 😊

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

A tiny sample, but I went with @parsonjackto see Remi Wolf (who put on a great well received show). 

I'd have said your estimate fits that I remember their crowd being younger than 30,as it looks here from about 50 seconds in a pan shot...  (yes we were much older) 

I've not watched it all but I'm guessing this doesn't include the wardrobe malfunction 😬