Tickets

cheery

3 hours ago, cheery said:

Who needs tickets?

I’ve just got a feeling you might not be legit, ya know? 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

It's for cheery's one person show at the fringe

Is it really? 

I went to the Fringe once and had a marvelous time overall. I had to walk out of one show though as it was devoid of all humour - in my opinion. Not that I like stand up comedy generally. Mind you I did enjoy Ross Noble.

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Is it really? 

I went to the Fringe once and had a marvelous time overall. I had to walk out of one show though as it was devoid of all humour - in my opinion. Not that I like stand up comedy generally. Mind you I did enjoy Ross Noble.

I think they're just teasing, but I just plumped for something I could think they like to pass on tickets for. 

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I see. I thought that I had missed a reference somewhere along the line. 

Don't be surprised. I have ever been referred to at home as "Jude", simply as a shorthand way of saying I've been obscure - from the book title Jude the Obscure

On 8/17/2024 at 1:31 PM, CharlotteB said:

Is it wrong I heard that in a scouse accent?

How many down votes is that joke going to get? I know it's not Scousers downvoting me because they have a sense a humour. Woke southerners?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Don't be surprised. I have ever been referred to at home as "Jude", simply as a shorthand way of saying I've been obscure - from the book title Jude the Obscure

I never studied Shakespeare (or did I, he asks himself?) but know that there's a line in a play which has (roughly) the following line made by a policeman (It's Much Ado About Nothing - just got that) ' too cunning to be understood '. I just wonder if you fall into that category? In fact, bollocks to it - I put it to you that you are Professor Professor Moriarty , and I claim my £5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I never studied Shakespeare (or did I, he asks himself?) but know that there's a line in a play which has (roughly) the following line made by a policeman (It's Much Ado About Nothing - just got that) ' too cunning to be understood '. I just wonder if you fall into that category? In fact, bollocks to it - I put it to you that you are Professor Professor Moriarty , and I claim my £5.

Ha ha, I used to think I was very clever, but somewhere between my prescription meds and a mispent youth/adulthood my wit and intellect took a bit of a tumble 😏

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Ha ha, I used to think I was very clever, but somewhere between my prescription meds and a mispent youth/adulthood my wit and intellect took a bit of a tumble 😏

You are preaching to the converted. I'm soon going to need one of these to catch the drool;

Tommee Tippee Baby Feeding Bib Comfi Neck Catch All Bibs Plastic Pelican

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

How many down votes is that joke going to get? I know it's not Scousers downvoting me because they have a sense a humour. Woke southerners?

Downvoting definitely uncalled for. Especially when you're getting downvoted ahead of the creepy scammer.

On 8/20/2024 at 3:20 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't detect 'creepy scammer' yet. A one hit wonder, maybe.

It's the "he is now following you" notification that I got from him that made it creepy.