festival traders- its tough out there.

Neil

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Banana Donuts....

I bought a small doughnut van off a bloke who had two big doughnut 'rigs' at Glastonbury in the early 90's (all cash then). He drove a Rolls Royce and had a big house in the country. He would just do Glastonbury, The Highland Games, and a couple or so of other events - I can't recall what he said fully.The doughnuts were just one of his 'enterprises' though. Funny who you meet in life, when you think about it. 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I bought a small doughnut van off a bloke who had two big doughnut 'rigs' at Glastonbury in the early 90's (all cash then). He drove a Rolls Royce and had a big house in the country. He would just do Glastonbury, The Highland Games, and a couple or so of other events - I can't recall what he said fully.The doughnuts were just one of his 'enterprises' though. Funny who you meet in life, when you think about it. 

What are the running costs on your own Rolls then? 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

What are the running costs on your own Rolls then? 

I don't know because they don't exist in this time space continuum. I truly hope that I never am actually present in a time space thingy when 'I' had any desire to travel in a Roller. I'm much more of a second hand van man when it comes to desires within the realms of vehicles. As a young teenager I used to buy 'Truck' magazine. I never wanted to drive a truck. I just liked looking at them.  

One of my cousins married the daughter of a couple who own a successful national chain of shops. I went to their wedding and a sixth sense told me to take off my roof rack off my second hand Ford Sierra, so I did so. Mine was the only Ford Sierra in the queue to get into and park up at the venue. the rest of the cars were Rolls Royce's, Bentley's, Ferraris, Morgan's etc. You name it, and it was there in terms of incredibly expensive cars go. There was not another production car in sight other than mine. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2024 at 9:36 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Lol - it was a reference to the 1993 Glastonbury Movie film. The woman selling them was literally cooking them up by the side of one of the main though routes with no one seemingly biting...

40 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Lol - it was a reference to the 1993 Glastonbury Movie film. The woman selling them was literally cooking them up by the side of one of the main though routes with no one seemingly biting...

I had thought that it was an unknown to me reference, but just decided to jump on the back of it to tell that story, as it sprang to my mind at that time.