Leeds Festival 2024 - Weekend Industry Bramham Park - Leeds. I've won 2 tickets, but can't go. Does anyone want them?

Yoghurt on a Stick

It is as it says in the title.

First to say 'Yes' (if anybody replies) will get them

I've got to dash out to the dentist now, so will pick this up on my return.

I know it's very short notice (they have only just informed me), but there might be someone out there who could use them.

NOTE (1) TO EFESTS - Please keep this on this page, so that it gets a greater viewing.

NOTE (2) - I do not want any money for these. I just want someone to get the benefit of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

😀

Went to Leeds Carling once, by 2 country miles my worst “festival” experience ever, wow is their USP “design festival hell”?

Fortunately I was paid crew, installing the long drops and had my bus parked up back stage 

23 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

NOTE (2) - I do not want any money for these. I just want someone to get the benefit of them.

Ah that's nice, Yog.  Well done 🙂 

You'll make someone's week!  (not mine, but someone elses) 

Kudos to you. 

38 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It is as it says in the title.

First to say 'Yes' (if anybody replies) will get them

I've got to dash out to the dentist now, so will pick this up on my return.

I know it's very short notice (they have only just informed me), but there might be someone out there who could use them.

NOTE (1) TO EFESTS - Please keep this on this page, so that it gets a greater viewing.

Few people in but not sure if they are gone (posted a post in response but replying now)!

20 minutes ago, WillSLeedsFVet said:

Few people in but not sure if they are gone (posted a post in response but replying now)!

Looks like the tickets are yours.

I'll send you a message on here with my email address. If you then respond by email to that, then I can forward the tickets to you.

Happy to hear that someone can make use of them.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'll send you a message on here with my email address. If you then respond by email to that, then I can forward the tickets to you.

Nice1 Yog 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Lovely stuff 

4 hours ago, fred quimby said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick nice one 

What we really need to know is what happened at the dentist

Hello fred,

I'm afraid that the answer to your question is not going to be a short one!

I am being fitted for new dentures. Unfortunately some crazy drug I took a fair few years ago led to every tooth in my head (bar one) becoming insanely painful (but not all teeth at the same time). This initially led to having to go to emergency dentists to get an extraction. They charged me a lot compared to the money that I had at that time. I even had to go to a dentist in Wolverhampton one Saturday morning, and that cost me more again.

And then came a period of even worse financial health. It was at this point that if I went to the dentist it meant that me and my wife wouldn't be able to eat for 2 or 3 weeks, if I went to the dentist for another extraction. So, up against it, I pulled that tooth out myself with a pliers. Now you've got to remember, these teeth weren't loose. So, that extraction was a bit funky. Plus I never knew if I was going to rip my own jaw off whilst attempting to extract the tooth. I'm not a dentist. 

After getting through that, I decided to swerve the dentist with all the rest that followed. My very last one was a bastard. I had a back molar in pain. I was at my mom's house looking after her because she had dementia. So, I didn't have my pliers. I looked in the kitchen drawers, and there was an adjustable spanner of my dad's. It was the only implement that I could use. The good part was that i could increase the pressure on the spanners jaws using my own strength (Ooh, 'Get her', I hear you all say). lol Anyway, during the first attempt I slipped off the tooth with the tool, and it resulted with me collapsing to the floor in pain and writhing around like a man possessed The second attempt had me do the same again. I got the bastard on the third. 

That is why I need dentures. I've been going around for quite some time now with just one tooth in my head..

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello fred,

I'm afraid that the answer to your question is not going to be a short one!

I am being fitted for new dentures. Unfortunately some crazy drug I took a fair few years ago led to every tooth in my head (bar one) becoming insanely painful (but not all teeth at the same time). This initially led to having to go to emergency dentists to get an extraction. They charged me a lot compared to the money that I had at that time. I even had to go to a dentist in Wolverhampton one Saturday morning, and that cost me more again.

And then came a period of even worse financial health. It was at this point that if I went to the dentist it meant that me and my wife wouldn't be able to eat for 2 or 3 weeks, if I went to the dentist for another extraction. So, up against it, I pulled that tooth out myself with a pliers. Now you've got to remember, these teeth weren't loose. So, that extraction was a bit funky. Plus I never knew if I was going to rip my own jaw off whilst attempting to extract the tooth. I'm not a dentist. 

After getting through that, I decided to swerve the dentist with all the rest that followed. My very last one was a bastard. I had a back molar in pain. I was at my mom's house looking after her because she had dementia. So, I didn't have my pliers. I looked in the kitchen drawers, and there was an adjustable spanner of my dad's. It was the only implement that I could use. The good part was that i could increase the pressure on the spanners jaws using my own strength (Ooh, 'Get her', I hear you all say). lol Anyway, during the first attempt I slipped off the tooth with the tool, and it resulted with me collapsing to the floor in pain and writhing around like a man possessed The second attempt had me do the same again. I got the bastard on the third. 

That is why I need dentures. I've been going around for quite some time now with just one tooth in my head..

Wow YoaS. That is some extreme dentistry.  Glad you are getting the mouth sorted. You will not know yourself once you get used to the dentures

Edited by fred quimby
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I would have loved them

alas, I am not now 46 and for that reason would not be let in 

It wasn't a competition that I entered for myself. I'm much older than you and would have felt like a pedophile, had they allowed me entry! *  I only ever entered that competition to give it away on here, should I win tickets. That deed is done now. 

* - My neighbours went to their first festival last year. They knew that I had festival experience, but never asked me about a decision they made. They went to Boardmasters Festival - in their mid 40's. I'd have felt like a turd in a swimming pool had I attended. 

• Like 1