First time

janedoe

First timers here! We have a couple of questions: 1) Can you bring reusable and/or plastic bottles to the festival site? 2) Is water available for free on the festival site? 3) Can you bring your own alcohol? 4) How far is the walk from the camping to the festival, assuming we would stay on the quiet part? Thanks! 

59 minutes ago, janedoe said:

First timers here! We have a couple of questions: 1) Can you bring reusable and/or plastic bottles to the festival site? 2) Is water available for free on the festival site? 3) Can you bring your own alcohol? 4) How far is the walk from the camping to the festival, assuming we would stay on the quiet part? Thanks! 

1,  Yes!

2, Yes! There's taps in camping and at various places up in the stalls and food areas, usually near toilet blocks

3, Yes! And into the festival proper - no glass though

4, Say ten minutes from quiet camping, with the Folly and Woods stage being closest.

Also:

• Watch out for the dip in the first field after the ticket exchange - the only truly hilly bit of the entire site
  • It can get really cold after dark - bring blankets and woolies for the wee small hours
  • Make sure you explore the magical woods after dark 🙂
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Littlechef87 said:

Another newb question - how bad is the traffic/queue to get in the carpark likely to be if we're approaching the area around 2-3pm? 

YMMV but I have literally never queued long to get in, it's always moving

10 hours ago, Littlechef87 said:

Another newb question - how bad is the traffic/queue to get in the carpark likely to be if we're approaching the area around 2-3pm? 

I've arrived that time for several years and juts breezed straight in.  The only thing to consider is that you will be likely a bit further away than those arriving at opening time, but nothing is too far away at EOTR. 

How are you getting all your stuff onsite?  If using a trolley make sure it is a sturdy one. The pathway into EOTR is rocky underfoot and with it having being fairly dry then the ground will be hard with a fair few exposed rocks, it has been known to be a bit of a trolley graveyard, especially if people overload trolleys with weak axles.

You are better off doing a couple of trips rather than risk knackering a trolley, IMHO. 

14 hours ago, MercuryTrev said:

I've arrived that time for several years and juts breezed straight in.  The only thing to consider is that you will be likely a bit further away than those arriving at opening time, but nothing is too far away at EOTR. 

How are you getting all your stuff onsite?  If using a trolley make sure it is a sturdy one. The pathway into EOTR is rocky underfoot and with it having being fairly dry then the ground will be hard with a fair few exposed rocks, it has been known to be a bit of a trolley graveyard, especially if people overload trolleys with weak axles.

You are better off doing a couple of trips rather than risk knackering a trolley, IMHO. 

Great to know. I'm fine being further away - probably gonna head to quiet camping anyway and we pack relatively light so shouldn't be too much drama getting our stuff in. It's the first time I've been to a camping festival that isn't Glasto as a punter in about 15 years so I'm expecting it to all feel very easy in comparison!