Tipi secret sets through time - a definitive list?

carwynnen

2 hours ago, Hurray4theWhiffWhaff said:

Also Grove on the Saturday 2022 

Thanks man! My list is looking more or less complete back to 2008 now, I think ...

6 minutes ago, robith said:

What an incredibly niche undertaking - I love it! Fair play for completing it

😅 It's some of those moments totally in danger of getting lost to time, memory and especially booze 😅 and while I've seen a lot of them, it's just interesting to record these late-night shenanigans!

Not quite there! So as I understand it, the tipi arrived in 2010. For the two years prior, secret sets were held in The Bimble Inn. I have no idea if secret sets were a thing in the first two years, 2006 and 2007, but would love to find out! Need some proper old hands to pitch in and dig deep....

Remaining gaps, in reverse order ...

Friday: I've got King Khan and Dawes. Anyone know if there was a third set that night?

Saturday: Fossil Collective, Joe Gideon, and I've got a possible in Seventeen Evergreen?

Sunday: I've only got Felice Brothers. Anyone know of another tipi set that eve?

Saturday: I've got The Acorn and Darren Hayman, and a probable in Motel Motel?

Sunday: Franz Nicolay and Brakes - but was there a third?

I've got no one for Friday; Young Republic and The Modern Ovens, Saturday; and only Woodpigeon for Sunday?

2006, 2007

Were secret sets even a thing at the beginning?

17 minutes ago, carwynnen said:

😅 It's some of those moments totally in danger of getting lost to time, memory and especially booze 😅 and while I've seen a lot of them, it's just interesting to record these late-night shenanigans!

Not quite there! So as I understand it, the tipi arrived in 2010. For the two years prior, secret sets were held in The Bimble Inn. I have no idea if secret sets were a thing in the first two years, 2006 and 2007, but would love to find out! Need some proper old hands to pitch in and dig deep....

Remaining gaps, in reverse order ...

Friday: I've got King Khan and Dawes. Anyone know if there was a third set that night?

Saturday: Fossil Collective, Joe Gideon, and I've got a possible in Seventeen Evergreen?

Sunday: I've only got Felice Brothers. Anyone know of another tipi set that eve?

Saturday: I've got The Acorn and Darren Hayman, and a probable in Motel Motel?

Sunday: Franz Nicolay and Brakes - but was there a third?

I've got no one for Friday; Young Republic and The Modern Ovens, Saturday; and only Woodpigeon for Sunday?

2006, 2007

Were secret sets even a thing at the beginning?

Dylan LeBlanc played the Saturday night in 2010. The Felice Brothers on the Sunday was the unforgettable supergroup mash-up with 47 people playing on stage, including the FBs, Deer Tick, The Low Anthem and Phosphorescent. Another mash-up in 2012 included The Low Anthem (in their Snake Oil guise) and Alabama Shakes - Saturday, I think. Barr Brothers played Saturday Night in 2013. 

30 minutes ago, carwynnen said:

Looking at really old threads isn't always helpful because a lot of the messages have disappeared and people didn't seem as interested in collating all the information together, but 2008 Sunday seems to have been Woodpigeon, Congregation and then an expected Jeffrey Lewis with guests (possibly Kimya Dawson and Adam Green) but they didn't turn up.

33 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Looking at really old threads isn't always helpful because a lot of the messages have disappeared and people didn't seem as interested in collating all the information together, but 2008 Sunday seems to have been Woodpigeon, Congregation and then an expected Jeffrey Lewis with guests (possibly Kimya Dawson and Adam Green) but they didn't turn up.

Thank you so much!!

1 hour ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Having done some image searches of the band from that period, I feel confident enough to say that Friday was The Young Republic.

Thank you so much!!!