Chappell Roan

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

If everyone keeps bothering her she is going to quit. She is due for a real break so that might put a damper on the chances now.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/chappell-roan-addresses-fans-predatory-behavior-post-1235760448/amp/

Damn. She sounds exhausted and mega frustrated in that post. Hope she gets some rest and comes back stronger then

21 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

You should give her a go, she's pretty cool. 

Kept seeing her name around & about.

Listened to her album to see what all the fuss is about. I really liked a good chunk of it.. I just wish the trend of whispering tv advert style vocals on ballads would stop. 

Super Graphic Modern Girl is basically a Madonna banger.

16 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Kept seeing her name around & about.

Listened to her album to see what all the fuss is about. I really liked a good chunk of it.. I just wish the trend of whispering tv advert style vocals on ballads would stop. 

Super Graphic Modern Girl is basically a Madonna banger.

Probably sums it up for me too.  Some good stuff, plus some very average and easily forgotten ballads.  I realise they have a great reputation for live performance, but on the basis of the music alone I can't grasp all the hype.

Two friends of mine literally left for Belin this morning...

They're still going to make a trip out of it obviously but just means they won't be able to see her as can't make the rescheduled dates. 

Dates being rescheduled is a risk you take when going abroad for a gig but I think the reason she's given is pretty poor. 

8 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

They're still going to make a trip out of it obviously but just means they won't be able to see her as can't make the rescheduled dates. 

Dates being rescheduled is a risk you take when going abroad for a gig but I think the reason she's given is pretty poor. 

She's just serving c**t!!!!1

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

That really sucks. Hope they at least get a refund of the tickets! Seems a bit weird to cancel so late for another show somewhere else

39 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That really sucks. Hope they at least get a refund of the tickets! Seems a bit weird to cancel so late for another show somewhere else

Something similar happened a few years ago with Maneskin at R+L. They were all set to play but pulled out a few weeks before to perform at the VMAs instead 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Elton spiked a gig in Paris to play G23.

The Who did it in 2015.

Albeit Reg did it almost a full year out, so you'd imagine there wasn't many people with non-refundable flights/hotels booked.

55 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Are the VMAs still that big of a deal?

I read a theory on Reddit that as she's grown more popular it was an easy choice to cancel a couple of shows with capacities of 1.5k and instead do the VMAs with audience numbers around 3-4 million.

Really sucks for the 3k people who'd saved up and paid up, though.

Massively sucks and hate it when acts do this last minute.

Her management have probably got her on lock and already booked to return to EU next year to do arenas, fests or whatever so just thought 'cancel those small shows to a couple of thousand total because VMAs are much bigger and return next year to make it up to the fans'.

Edited by FrogLobster

On 8/26/2024 at 9:59 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's just about to start a European tour. Seeing her in Glasgow in a couple of weeks.

So jealous! I am desperately trying to get my hands on tickets. I hope you have a great time, she will be amazing!!!!

Maneskin and Jack Harlow did the same thing to R&L in 2022.
It’s extremely sh*tty to the fans who’ve invested lots of money booking hotels and flights to see her. 
Especially in this case, since these tickets went on sale before her meteoric rise, so these fans were her ‘earlier’ fans. 
As someone who really enjoys her music and is looking forward to seeing her in London, this kind of behaviour isn’t quickly forgotten and will take a toll on her trajectory 

On 8/29/2024 at 8:11 AM, baggie92 said:

Cancelled 2 EU gigs to play the VMA awards

the thing is that she was announced for the VMA's a couple weeks ago already and didnt bother to do anything til right now which is the whole issue. Seemed obvious she would have to do something