Victorious Festival 2025

1 hour ago, johnl said:

Just completed the survey which arrived by email.

For headliners I went for Muse, Kings of Leon and The Killers (maybe a bit ambitious but aiming high!)

For others I went for Blondie, The Human League and The Last Dinner Party (two for us oldies and one more contemporary)

Some good suggestions in the earlier posts as well.

I’ve gone for 

Florence & the machine / Lorde (will never happen but I thought why not give it a try) / Stereophonics 

undercard I’ve put

girl in red / London grammar 

21 hours ago, PSi said:

I was wondering about Two Door Cinema Club again - they were great last time.

Would love Bloc Party back again too - their Crystal Palace gig in July was incredible. 

Otherwise would be good to see some of these, either for the first time or a welcome return visit:

Editors

Phoenix

Ed Harcourt

Passion Pit

Ra Ra Riot

Badly Drawn Boy 

Basement Jaxx (band rather than DJ set!)

Ben Folds

Billy Talent 

The Cribs

The Cat Empire

Feeder

Flaming Lips

Foster The People

Garbage 

Saint Etienne

And as headliner pipe dreams...

Blur

The Cure

Muse

Red Hot Chili Peppers 

Jaxx haven't performed as a band for a very long time - not sure they plan to again

16 hours ago, sisco said:

I’ve actually thought someone like The Killers could do it as the big headliner.  Share a couple with the other Superstruct events for cheapness and then throw some cash at them 

I don't think The Killers would do any superstruct fests bar the big 2 (victorious and boardmasters) - which are then fairly near eachother

They would be mad to do like y not or kendal

Think some Victorious people look at these threads so I’m going to put something slightly controversial out there.

Lots of families and quite a few oldies at this festival.

My suggestion is making the Common (main stage) headliner the penultimate (so not the final act) on that stage each day, with a sub or a dancy act on the main stage after the headliner.

This would help manage crowd flow as some would leave after the headliner and some would stay for the later act or the headliner on the other stages.

It happens in Europe quite a bit that the headliner isn’t the final act so not completely bonkers.

Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Jaxx haven't performed as a band for a very long time - not sure they plan to again

I don't think The Killers would do any superstruct fests bar the big 2 (victorious and boardmasters) - which are then fairly near eachother

They would be mad to do like y not or kendal

Oh I didn’t mean share the killers, I meant have The Killers and then share a couple of cheaper ones with the superstruct events

1 hour ago, johnl said:

Think some Victorious people look at these threads so I’m going to put something slightly controversial out there.

My suggestion is making the Common (main stage) headliner the penultimate (so not the final act) on that stage each day, with a sub or a dancy act on the main stage after the headliner.

This would help manage crowd flow as some would leave after the headliner and some would stay for the later act or the headliner on the other stages.

It happens in Europe quite a bit that the headliner isn’t the final act so not completely bonkers.

Any thoughts?

I have to say, I do agree to a degree.  Have been with people with young children and they always end up leaving before the headliner due to it being cold or the day being too much for the kiddos 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnl said:

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a sensable idea and I would be fine with it. I know they do this in Europe but often many of those festivals go on late in to the night and so their headliners are actually on later then they would be at a UK festival.

• Upvote 1

I definitely agree with people from Victorious looking at these posts….didn’t someone from Victorious contact someone to take a post down (when McFly was announced early by mistake?)

I agree, with spacing out the headliners, as the amount of time I had to bail earlier as the kids are so tired and cold.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kelstar said:

I definitely agree with people from Victorious looking at these posts….didn’t someone from Victorious contact someone to take a post down (when McFly was announced early by mistake?)

I agree, with spacing out the headliners, as the amount of time I had to bail earlier as the kids are so tired and cold.

Yeah they contacted me 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sisco said:

Oh I didn’t mean share the killers, I meant have The Killers and then share a couple of cheaper ones with the superstruct events

ah i see

21 hours ago, johnl said:

Any thoughts?

IOW do this a fair bit, latitude have too

It causes an issue with giving headliners a slot they are happy with though i think

Its hard to do 3 days, year in year out of it i think, also can stress the budgeting. I think there's a reason why fests don't do it.

Best idea for sundays maybe

The Prodigy would be awesome. Placebo would be cool. As mentioned earlier The Killers is a great shout but possibly too big. Saying that Victorious was a lot bigger than I expected so wouldn’t surprise me to see bigger headliners after Biffy this year. 

Wolf Alice and Kings of Leon great shouts too. KOL new album is particularly impressive.

On the survey I went for the following headliners. 

The Prodigy, The Killers & The Chemical Brothers.

Others I’d like to see I went with;

Feeder, The Hives & Phoenix.

My partner went with;

Lily Allen, McFly, Fontaines D.C, Feeder, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes & Scouting For Girls. 

Question?

What did everyone think about the drink prices? £7.20 for a 440ml can of Madri. £3-3.50 a can of coke/lemonade.

do we all think the prices were fair, it’s a festival, we expect to pay that or do we think it was taking the p@ss?

for context here an article about Glasto beer prices.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13571025/amp/glastonbury-festival-2024-bar-prices-beer-wine.html

1 hour ago, kelstar said:

Question?

What did everyone think about the drink prices? £7.20 for a 440ml can of Madri. £3-3.50 a can of coke/lemonade.

do we all think the prices were fair, it’s a festival, we expect to pay that or do we think it was taking the p@ss?

for context here an article about Glasto beer prices.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13571025/amp/glastonbury-festival-2024-bar-prices-beer-wine.html

Think that's about the going rate now. It was very similar at the O2 when I was there to see The Killers a few weeks back.

55 minutes ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Depending on the lineup, we are thinking of going next year but want to stay in halls close to the festival.

What are the prices like? And when do they go on sale? 

How many of you?

I paid £270 for a single room at Rees Hall for this year, including continental and cooked breakfast. Rees Hall is the closest to the festival. There are other uni options

Doubles at Rees Hall sell out VERY quickly as there aren't many, they're mostly single rooms.

All rooms at Rees Hall are en-suite.

Usually go on sale early January.

You can see this year's prices here.
https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

I think Kings of Leon would be a great Friday headliner 

think fontaines DC are ready to take the headline slots at this type of festival too 

wouldn’t mind a two door or Florence and the machine for the Saturday either

think Blossoms would be a very good headliner too 

Edited by Htj24

On 9/1/2024 at 1:12 PM, Frangipane said:

How many of you?

I paid £270 for a single room at Rees Hall for this year, including continental and cooked breakfast. Rees Hall is the closest to the festival. There are other uni options

Doubles at Rees Hall sell out VERY quickly as there aren't many, they're mostly single rooms.

All rooms at Rees Hall are en-suite.

Usually go on sale early January.

You can see this year's prices here.
https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

Four of us at least. Thanks for the info! 

53 minutes ago, Marcus O said:

Looking at tours announced today, i'd say Olly Murs is a pretty good shout for a Castle headliner in 2025

Somebody, anybody please ensure this can never ever happen!

If he must play and hopefully he can't there must be a late afternoon slot on the main stage. He would be such as waste of a Castle headline slot.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Friday: Bombay bicycle club

Saturday: the killers

Sunday: two door cinema club 

Brandon Flowers said The Killers will be taking a break in 2025 and that he'll be touring a solo album instead. So it would be a surprise if they turned up here.

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

honestly I am expecting one of the headliners to be a DJ and if Bombay Bicycle club were to headline it would be a co-headline. 

Who do you think they would go for, if they did have another DJ? A few people had been tipping Fatboy for a few years and he seemed a good fit as he would appeal to the older audience as well as younger who just want a dance. Chemical Brothers would be a good fit but I think that pool of DJ acts that would appeal enough to the the mixed Victorious audience is pretty small. Who am I missing?