Victorious Festival 2025

3 hours ago, Dales said:

Who do you think they would go for, if they did have another DJ? A few people had been tipping Fatboy for a few years and he seemed a good fit as he would appeal to the older audience as well as younger who just want a dance. Chemical Brothers would be a good fit but I think that pool of DJ acts that would appeal enough to the the mixed Victorious audience is pretty small. Who am I missing?

The Prodigy (don’t think the Chems are about).

21 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

honestly I am expecting one of the headliners to be a DJ and if Bombay Bicycle club were to headline it would be a co-headline. 

two door cinema club are definitely in the running though. 

20 hours ago, Dales said:

Who do you think they would go for, if they did have another DJ? A few people had been tipping Fatboy for a few years and he seemed a good fit as he would appeal to the older audience as well as younger who just want a dance. Chemical Brothers would be a good fit but I think that pool of DJ acts that would appeal enough to the the mixed Victorious audience is pretty small. Who am I missing?

Would've said The Chemical Brothers would be a great shout too. Think they fit the vibe perfectly. I think The Prodigy would be a great dance act too, would be class and suit the festival. Could Basement Jaxx do it? 

16 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Nothing But Thieves and Raye would make me very happy.

NBT please! Reckon they'd headline or sub?

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Would've said The Chemical Brothers would be a great shout too. Think they fit the vibe perfectly. I think The Prodigy would be a great dance act too, would be class and suit the festival. Could Basement Jaxx do it? 

NBT please! Reckon they'd headline or sub?

NBT are worthy headliners for sure! 

I would have as headliners:

Fri: Raye

Sat: Nothing But Thieves

Sun: Prodigy or Chemical Brothers.

Different genres per night. Awesome. 

Edited by Bubblepopelectric

2 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

NBT are worthy headliners for sure! 

I would have as headliners:

Fri: Raye

Sat: Nothing But Thieves

Sun: Prodigy or Chemical Brothers.

Different genres per night. Awesome. 

As much as I like NBT they are not gonna headline, maybe sub main. They subbed in 2022 on the castle stage and not got that much bigger since then in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, roonboyz08 said:

As much as I like NBT they are not gonna headline, maybe sub main. They subbed in 2022 on the castle stage and not got that much bigger since then in my opinion. 

I mean, sold out 2 nights at Wembley Arena last year so I think they have a decent level of fans, but I think it lends more to a Truck/Y Not level headliner rather than necessarily for this'un.

4 hours ago, foolee said:

I would be up for a set by them. Would they be more likely to headline the Castle or if doing a DJ set, the sea side stage?

I think names like Fatboy Slim, The Chemical Brothers & The Prodigy are just at a bigger level in the minds of the average festival goer. It will be interesting to see if Fatboy was a one off or is a dance headliner going to become a thing.

On 9/7/2024 at 10:13 PM, northernangel said:

I'll try and get some updated info on their live shows but they were costing them too much to put on.

in the US, they were doing fine in the uk

One of them has just had a kid - have been told by a source close that they aren't doing much for a while (did get told this before they announced a few dj sets though, obviously a lot easier to just get a payday for these than full tour)

10 hours ago, gfa said:

in the US, they were doing fine in the uk

One of them has just had a kid - have been told by a source close that they aren't doing much for a while (did get told this before they announced a few dj sets though, obviously a lot easier to just get a payday for these than full tour)

Same as what I what told, source is a member of their stage crew.

I honestly can’t see NBT or Raye as a headliner.

Raye is great , but typically not the type of act Victorious would put as a headliner. if she gets booked I think she will be second down like Ellie Goulding/Becky Hill.

I’ve seen NBT years ago and maybe they are bigger now but I just don’t think they are a ‘classic’ name which Victorious will be looking for . Given it is a family festival with a wide demographic, they will be looking to secure names for the headliners which most people know. (although I would personally argue Jamie T didn’t fit this at all).

For the ‘dance’ act, maybe Disclosure, Rudimental (again), The Chemical Brothers. They could be acts which are not necessarily cross-booked across the other festivals, similar to Fatboy slim which was only booked for Victorious.

I can’t see Fatboy slim happening 2 years in a row, but from my experience this year Friday was by far the busiest day and Fatboy slim pulled in the biggest crowd I’d seen all weekend- so I definitely think they will be considering their options regarding a dance act for next year.

It’s always difficult to predict, especially this early on (and when I haven’t studied tour schedules) , but other names like Kings of Leon or Bastille could definitely fill the headline spot at Victorious - and are well-known names which appeal to the masses. blossoms are releasing a new album soon and would definitely be in the mix as well for a headliner or strong sub position. I would argue as previously mentioned that Florence & the machine fits into this category too, so keeping fingers crossed for her.

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

I honestly can’t see NBT or Raye as a headliner.

Raye is great , but typically not the type of act Victorious would put as a headliner. if she gets booked I think she will be second down like Ellie Goulding/Becky Hill.

I’ve seen NBT years ago and maybe they are bigger now but I just don’t think they are a ‘classic’ name which Victorious will be looking for . Given it is a family festival with a wide demographic, they will be looking to secure names for the headliners which most people know. (although I would personally argue Jamie T didn’t fit this at all).

For the ‘dance’ act, maybe Disclosure, Rudimental (again), The Chemical Brothers. They could be acts which are not necessarily cross-booked across the other festivals, similar to Fatboy slim which was only booked for Victorious.

I can’t see Fatboy slim happening 2 years in a row, but from my experience this year Friday was by far the busiest day and Fatboy slim pulled in the biggest crowd I’d seen all weekend- so I definitely think they will be considering their options regarding a dance act for next year.

It’s always difficult to predict, especially this early on (and when I haven’t studied tour schedules) , but other names like Kings of Leon or Bastille could definitely fill the headline spot at Victorious - and are well-known names which appeal to the masses. blossoms are releasing a new album soon and would definitely be in the mix as well for a headliner or strong sub position. I would argue as previously mentioned that Florence & the machine fits into this category too, so keeping fingers crossed for her.

Disclosure seem an obvious choice for dance act - different vibe to FBS though I guess who has a pretty universal draw. Underworld as a closing set perhaps too

Bastille and NBT are too small based on recent years. I'd question Rudimental's draw too they are bit past it, would be a decent co-headliner i guess

33 minutes ago, eatingglitter said:

I still think we are in with a shout for The Cure.

I so want to believe but would be shocked in a very happy way if it did happen. To me they just do not seem like the sort of band they would book and can't see them appealing to most of the audience at Victorious.

1 hour ago, eatingglitter said:

Pendulum? They are playing Pitt Street at Halloween, just like Fatboy Slim has so wouldn't be 100% out of the question. Shy FX too.

Shy FX way too small to headline

Portsmouth student union more like it

My ideal line up would be,

Friday: Co headline - Two Door Cinema Club / Moby

Saturday: Florence

Sunday: Muse

Think Muse and Florence would cost way to much. Think Saturdays are gonna be the cheaper headliners from now on, sharing with most of the superstruct festivals. 

Think the likes of The Killers and Muse are too big for this Festival.

Of the bigger bands mentioned Kings of Leon are possibly achievable but not many bands from outside the UK are booked.

I always have a listen to what’s being played between bands as that sometimes gives a clue what they’re thinking.

As a result the likes of George Ezra and Keane are more realistic prospects…

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

Or indeed that Kings of Leon did Boardmasters on their last tour, which I think is a roughly similar size event.

Boardmasters do manage to go that 1 step higher on headliners to be fair, but do agree KOL is do-able as their big headliner

With Franz Ferdinand about to announce a new single and likely a tour..... Perfect fit for Vicky Saturday night or even closers tbh

Friday - Prodigy 
Saturday - Franz 

Sunday - Kings of Leon 

can help but feel they will be pushed down the route of a female headliner , luckily having castle stage this will probably work unless it was florence who would likely fit into common headliner. 

44 minutes ago, Jack01825 said:

With Franz Ferdinand about to announce a new single and likely a tour..... Perfect fit for Vicky Saturday night or even closers tbh

Friday - Prodigy 
Saturday - Franz 

Sunday - Kings of Leon 

can help but feel they will be pushed down the route of a female headliner , luckily having castle stage this will probably work unless it was florence who would likely fit into common headliner. 

Franz would be a very small headliner for Victorious

They don't headline the smaller superstruct fests

22 hours ago, gfa said:

Shy FX way too small to headline

Portsmouth student union more like it

Oh totall agree on Shy FX.

With The Cure, I mean they've booked Paul Weller and New Order before as headliners... I could be delulu, but I think The Cure is more likely than a US headliner. And they have got Mumford before.

I don't think Franz are big enough to headline. Maybe Castle Stage.