Victorious Festival 2025

If we are thinking along the lines of a dance act, what about Faithless now they are doing live shows again? Would be great as the Castle headline and if we think they may do a co-headline again on the main. I would be up for Insomnia with lasers on the Castle.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

If we are thinking along the lines of a dance act, what about Faithless now they are doing live shows again? Would be great as the Castle headline and if we think they may do a co-headline again on the main. I would be up for Insomnia with lasers on the Castle.

On the castle yes but it's not the same as before. It is their own 'live' set with a mix of Faithless songs.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Good shout re co-head

5 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

With Franz Ferdinand about to announce a new single and likely a tour..... Perfect fit for Vicky Saturday night or even closers tbh

Friday - Prodigy 
Saturday - Franz 

Sunday - Kings of Leon 

can help but feel they will be pushed down the route of a female headliner , luckily having castle stage this will probably work unless it was florence who would likely fit into common headliner. 

KoL with Franz as support could be a go-er imo.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

They don't headline the smaller superstruct fests

Last UK tour was Alexandra Palace but not a sell-out. Still draw a decent crowd but nothing like when they headlined Reading and Leeds in 2006 alongside Muse & Pearl Jam.

What about Fontaines DC as a (cheaper) headliner?  

There is a history of Finsbury Park indie headliners going on to headline victorious around the same time (Jamie T, Sam Fender) 

last time they played Victorious (2 albums ago) they were 3rd on main and have def got bigger (and good wave up with new album also). 

Edited by Dg_vic

22 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

There is a history of Finsbury Park indie headliners going on to headline victorious around the same time (Jamie T, Sam Fender) 

last time they played Victorious (2 albums ago) they were 3rd on main and have def got bigger (and good wave up with new album also). 

The rate they are going they may well be too big for now? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dg_vic said:

I’d be down for this.

The Prodigy - Fontaines D.C - Kings of Leon

Probably aiming way to high but I’m not feeling the shouts for Two Door or Franz Ferdinand, neither seem big enough and I think there are better options out there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foolee said:

I’d be down for this.

The Prodigy - Fontaines D.C - Kings of Leon

Probably aiming way to high but I’m not feeling the shouts for Two Door or Franz Ferdinand, neither seem big enough and I think there are better options out there. 

Two Door are big enough based on other shows as the weaker headliner. Especially if they get like KOL

Franz definitely not

Prodigy obviously would be good - just thinking, do Victorious often get headliners the year after they do IOW?

3 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Sam Fender and Jamie T did it the year after, not the same year

Perhaps seems unlikely as may hurt their Finsbury sales a bit? Probably not quite close enough to be an issue and finsbury will have already sold loads of tickets

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Two Door are big enough based on other shows as the weaker headliner. Especially if they get like KOL

Franz definitely not

Prodigy obviously would be good - just thinking, do Victorious often get headliners the year after they do IOW?

Perhaps seems unlikely as may hurt their Finsbury sales a bit? Probably not quite close enough to be an issue and finsbury will have already sold loads of tickets

Without looking through a lot, Kasabian certainly did recently. 

No chance Fontaines are doing it with Finsbury to sell

26 minutes ago, sisco said:

Without looking through a lot, Kasabian certainly did recently. 

No chance Fontaines are doing it with Finsbury to sell

Finsbury would sell fine but think victorious would struggle as a result given they are still quite small for it

They have 20k at ally pally this year too - finsbury was already ambitious imo

7 hours ago, gfa said:

Franz definitely not

Sam Fender was same year (2021). Jamie t there was a gap as you said. 

fontaines have a significantly bigger following (outside London) than Jamie T.

I am the biggest Jamie T apologist (seen him around 15 times) but he was not right for victorious (especially with courteeners second on). The size of the crowd is the worst I have seen for headliner / sub in 8 years of victorious.  

I am changing my mind on potential headliners now 

Prodigy / Fontaines DC / Pulp

one expensive booking (pulp) one mid, one cheaper. 

15 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

I am the biggest Jamie T apologist (seen him around 15 times) but he was not right for victorious (especially with courteeners second on). The size of the crowd is the worst I have seen for headliner / sub in 8 years of victorious.  

I can't see anywhere else for Pulp to play except for APE. I would probably attend for this. By the sounds of it Fontaines are going to be supporting Oasis given their opinion on it.

42 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I can't see anywhere else for Pulp to play except for APE. I would probably attend for this. By the sounds of it Fontaines are going to be supporting Oasis given their opinion on it.

Pulp are big enough to do a decent shift selling both i think

KOL are probably more than Pulp I reckon

Pulp would do a better job shifting tickets i reckon.

I'd struggle to say no to that trio

Pulp would be a great shout. Those 3 would be great. 

That trio would be brilliant for me. How do we make it happen 😊

40 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I can't see anywhere else for Pulp to play except for APE. I would probably attend for this. 

That would be painful. Pulp playing APE Victorious weekend, I would serious need to reconsider my plan's. Pulp playing bank holiday Monday at APE would be perfect for me. I missed APE droping the Monday show this year, it used to give me an incentive to get up ealry and rush back to London after Victorious.

If Victorious got Pulp, I dont think I would care who else they got as headliners.

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

Pulp are big enough to do a decent shift selling both i think

KOL are probably more than Pulp I reckon

Pulp would do a better job shifting tickets i reckon.

I'd struggle to say no to that trio

Yes they probably could.

I would as well, I actually went Field Day on Friday of Bank Holiday this year which no regrets. Victorious Sunday was actually very good for me and I like the top two Friday but Saturday was poor, I'd have gone for Tom Walker and Sugababes. Friday would have been Razorlight, Maximo Park, Snow Patrol and Fatboy Slim. I do regret not going to Razorlight at Nottingham on the cheap though.

56 minutes ago, Dales said:

That trio would be brilliant for me. How do we make it happen 😊

That would be painful. Pulp playing APE Victorious weekend, I would serious need to reconsider my plan's. Pulp playing bank holiday Monday at APE would be perfect for me. I missed APE droping the Monday show this year, it used to give me an incentive to get up ealry and rush back to London after Victorious.

If Victorious got Pulp, I dont think I would care who else they got as headliners.

I wouldn't go just for Pulp, I saw them in Sheffield on this reunion and years ago at Leeds. I don't think they are going to be at Glastonbury, the more I think about it, for a sub spot literally nothing stopped them taking it. They have only taken headline slots at least in the UK too and taking a sub spot the more it think for Glastonbury and it going well doesn't do or add anything to their career.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I wouldn't go just for Pulp, I saw them in Sheffield on this reunion and years ago at Leeds. I don't think they are going to be at Glastonbury, the more I think about it, for a sub spot literally nothing stopped them taking it. They have only taken headline slots at least in the UK too and taking a sub spot the more it think for Glastonbury and it going well doesn't do or add anything to their career.

Pulp have to do glasto one last time. It is destiny (and Jarvis is always there). 

sub below a strong newcomer (such as O Rod) would be an ideal way to go out (or headline other). 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Pulp already have done a fair amount of festival shows - reckon o2 nights could also be possible (ffs). They have not done much at all indoors

Yeah, it would be nice to have a few indoor shows. I was away when they played the Hammersmith shows.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

They would still be a big draw for me if they play anywhere in the South. Only ever saw them twice at the recent Finsbury Park show and back in the depths of time in 1995 at Roundhay Park in Leeds. They have always been one of those bands that play London when I am away, busy etc and so hope to at least get one more gig in before they disappear again.

I think you might be right about Glastonbury and if your thoughts are correct thats going to be a huge disappointment to those who think its a matter of when and not if.