All Points East 2025

gfa

Modest Mouse are doing a Good News anniversary tour of the US. Probably not big enough to headline with it, but maybe co-headline or sub a themed day similar to the Death Cab + Postal Service day this year?

Otherwise Paramore would be great with a solid undercard. 

Don't think Modest Mouse would headline, but perhaps as a sub or 3rd down booking. Fits the 00's indie audience that APE has successfully gone after the last few years. I also think APE seem okay with some of the days being slightly smaller, and probably make up for it with takings from bar/merch sales throughout the day.  Something built around Pavement, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, etc would be really cool.

Another suggestion I've heard is maybe No Doubt and Sublime on a themed day if both reunions continue.

45 minutes ago, modefan said:

If Postal Service/DCFC only filled 50% they aren’t going to touch Modest Mouse. I can see them going for more of weekend 1, perhaps someone like Lana Del Rey

Tour dates dependent but think Lana is way more of a BST booking

She'd be an expensive option for APE who usually go quite cheap

Massive Attack, plus Young Fathers, Ezra Collective... would be a dream. And if they could persuade The The to join them, I'd definitely be buying an advance ticket! 

Edited by sheffinghell

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

Maybe The XX- record should be out next year. Can imagine a Charli XCX topped day too.

A return for the xx if they are about seems very likely

49 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

+1 for this.

Can definitely see Massive Attack being a realistic get for APE

They were due to play 2020, so seems fitting they should get another go

After their 1.5 climate change gig in Bristol I highly doubt MA are going to play a gig that is sponsored by a taxi supplier. They basically said they are going to avoid approaching events that have sponsors in industries that are contributing to climate change. I know they were due to play in 2020 but it doesn't seem like they want to play APE anymore, hence them not doing it this year.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

The irony of these playing APE with the L'Oreal stand up to sexual harassment stall at the event.

wouldn't even shock me honestly knowing APE

• Upvote 1

Ones that made sense in the conversations had:

New Order

The XX ( Romy said see you soon at the end of her set)

Little Simz

Arcade fire - too contentious maybe

Idles - wouldnt personally excite me, but i can see it

Smashing pumpkins

Lana Del Ray

Charli XCX

Fred again

Amyl & The sniffers

3 minutes ago, chloe_91 said:

Ones that made sense in the conversations had:

New Order

The XX ( Romy said see you soon at the end of her set)

Little Simz

Arcade fire - too contentious maybe

Idles - wouldnt personally excite me, but i can see it

Smashing pumpkins

Lana Del Ray

Charli XCX

Fred again

Amyl & The sniffers

Lana and Fred are too big. Arcade Fire no for understandable reasons. Could see the rest maybe but a lot of them not as headliners.

I wondering if Jack White could headline a day, he has a new album out.

Are Vampire Weekend big enough to headline a day? They had a new album out recently. 

Possible lower on the bill next year - Father John Misty (new album out at some point this year), I think maybe Wilco and Kurt Vile will have new albums out next year. 

2 hours ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

I wondering if Jack White could headline a day, he has a new album out.

Are Vampire Weekend big enough to headline a day? They had a new album out recently. 

Possible lower on the bill next year - Father John Misty (new album out at some point this year), I think maybe Wilco and Kurt Vile will have new albums out next year. 

Vampire Weekend would be bigger than a fair few of the acts suggested above - they have decent selling power and would do well i think with a well suited undercard

4 hours ago, Dales said:

What about Cigarettes after Sex?

Although with APE's historic sound issues, would hear any vocals.

Bit small surely

9 hours ago, Dales said:

What about Cigarettes after Sex?

Although with APE's historic sound issues, would hear any vocals.

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Bit small surely

They might be but they sold out 3 nights at Hammersmith Appollo last November along with a few other UK dates and are doing 2 nights this year at the O2 Arena. I think Mitski done a similar tour of 4 nights at Hammersmith and almost the same other select UK dates. I don't think she has ever done anything as big as the O2.

I really don't understand what is the right size act for APE and don't think they even know ☺️ They dont seem to have a standard size. and do seem to flip flop in their bookings. They booked Jungle and Dermot Kennedy in recent years and I would suggest Cigarettes after Sex are more popular.

Cigs have grown in popularity in the UK in a short period of time. A few years ago they used to play venues like Sheperds Bush Empire. Put someone like Bleachers on the other stage and it would likely sell as well as many acts APE have had in the past. They might be a bit of a wild card but seem to be the sort of unexpected headline booking that APE might book. 

I did seem surprise me when they booked the O2 but they seem to have sold well.