Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

All Points East 2025

gfa

Its rumoured that APE may also be changing from the bank holiday weekend to maybe the weekend before.

Found out from Friends of Victoria Park APE is 15th to 25th Aug, so is over the bank holiday weekend but looks like again nothing on the actaul bank holiday monday

Edited by Dales
APE date confirmation

25 minutes ago, Dales said:

Its rumoured that APE may also be changing from the bank holiday weekend to maybe the weekend before.

Found out from Friends of Victoria Park APE is 15th to 25th Aug, so is over the bank holiday weekend but looks like again nothing on the actaul bank holiday monday

It was on both weekends this year like this? only way they can get 6 dates

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

It was on both weekends this year like this? only way they can get 6 dates

Some member's of the friends group told me that they were talk's about moving off the bank holiday weekend. However, it looks like its staying the same setup this year as last doing the same weekends. 

I think the "Friends Group" have quickly moved on from what dates APE are hosting to complaining about loosing the park for more weekends for LIDO.

I think it will be interesting to see if both festivals head off in different directions musically and have there own style.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I wonder how much difference there will be in "style" though. APE has been eclectic over the years.

Yeah, APE never really had a musical theme. I just thought that maybe LIDO might have one and go indie/rock or urban etc and develope a different feel to APE. Although first booking being Jamie XX maybe not 🙂 

Would be odd to have 2 festivals with same promoters, same venue, music policy (as loose as it is) and only difference be the logo and dates they are on. Maybe its a slight admission that moving APE to August was not the best move and that the late spring/early summer original plan for APE was something they still want and think is a good business model.

54 minutes ago, Dales said:

Would be odd to have 2 festivals with same promoters, same venue, music policy (as loose as it is) and only difference be the logo and dates they are on.

Or maybe it is just another way to make money in addition to hosting shows at Apollo. I mean they've probably realised that marketing outdoor shows in June and August is probably a bit better for them than marketing indoor shows for the same bands.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Yeah, APE never really had a musical theme. I just thought that maybe LIDO might have one and go indie/rock or urban etc and develope a different feel to APE. Although first booking being Jamie XX maybe not 🙂 

Would be odd to have 2 festivals with same promoters, same venue, music policy (as loose as it is) and only difference be the logo and dates they are on. Maybe its a slight admission that moving APE to August was not the best move and that the late spring/early summer original plan for APE was something they still want and think is a good business model.

The whole point is just to allow them to get early summer acts

There won't be any difference in booking policy except maybe less / slightly different stages

would be pretty boring if they also have the X stage for instance!