Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

All Points East 2025

gfa

Just had the wife on the phone in absolute raptures. Not a gig I thought we'd be attending in 2025 but I think it would take a nuclear explosion to keep us away from this gig.

For anyone that's been before, do you have any tips about where to stay in London, good places nearby etc. Never been to Victoria Park before.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Just had the wife on the phone in absolute raptures. Not a gig I thought we'd be attending in 2025 but I think it would take a nuclear explosion to keep us away from this gig.

For anyone that's been before, do you have any tips about where to stay in London, good places nearby etc. Never been to Victoria Park before.

Anywhere connected on the train to it

Stratford usually a good shout, canary wharf, city of london also work well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

If the famous central London landmarks aren't your thing or you've done it all before, the east London areas in reasonable proximity to Victoria Park are interesting and worth visiting - Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Wapping, Limehouse. Columbia Road market is on Sundays. There are some decent museums around. Tayyabs, Needoo, Lahore Kebab House for legendary Pakistani food, expect a long wait. There are scattered Holiday Inns etc around those places, some hipster trendy ones, and some very dodgy ones. Choose carefully! Or mainstream chains at Stratford with a nice walk through the Olympic Park to Victoria Park. 

3 minutes ago, Slugy said:

You'd imagine they will announce more than just APE though surely. It might be worth waiting a bit to see if anything else comes. I will defo be getting tickets but I live in London.

The press release says their first show after reforming (words to that effect).  Very surprised

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

The press release says their first show after reforming (words to that effect).  Very surprised

First not meaning only? Surely must follow with a tour?

If there is a tour APE would like to sell this first you'd imagine anyway.

Does not look like new music is on the way but that news could trickle out but not sure if that makes a tour more or less likely.

12 minutes ago, Slugy said:

First not meaning only? Surely must follow with a tour?

If there is a tour APE would like to sell this first you'd imagine anyway.

Does not look like new music is on the way but that news could trickle out but not sure if that makes a tour more or less likely.

Indeed, meaning pretty much no other festivals this year.  I’d say they’ll do that, early tour next year, festival circuit after that

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

Anywhere connected on the train to it

Stratford usually a good shout, canary wharf, city of london also work well.

32 minutes ago, modefan said:

If the famous central London landmarks aren't your thing or you've done it all before, the east London areas in reasonable proximity to Victoria Park are interesting and worth visiting - Bethnal Green, Whitechapel, Wapping, Limehouse. Columbia Road market is on Sundays. There are some decent museums around. Tayyabs, Needoo, Lahore Kebab House for legendary Pakistani food, expect a long wait. There are scattered Holiday Inns etc around those places, some hipster trendy ones, and some very dodgy ones. Choose carefully! Or mainstream chains at Stratford with a nice walk through the Olympic Park to Victoria Park. 

Thank you both so much! Plenty to look at/consider, I am out of reacts for today but I really appreciate it!

30 minutes ago, Slugy said:

You'd imagine they will announce more than just APE though surely. It might be worth waiting a bit to see if anything else comes. I will defo be getting tickets but I live in London.

Yeah, the wording of it definitely makes it sound like this is a comeback show with more to follow, but there's no way I'd let her miss the comeback show. (I know there'll likely be a warm up or two in advance, but for all intents and purposes this is it).

One of her friends who is coming with us as an Amex so we're already in! First (mini) festival in the diary for next year, I'm buzzing for it already!

• Upvote 1

Is there an age restriction at APE? 

If I Google it, it says U18s need to be accompanied by an adult. However I've just been to buy tickets on the Amex pre-sale as me, wife and 10yo son are huge fans of The Maccabees, but it says 'over 16s only, 16 and 17yos must be accompanied by an adult'. 

Is that a new thing for this year?  We've never been to APE as it always clashes with Reading Festival which is down to road from us, so we tend to go to that, but want to see The Maccabees comeback. 

Attitudes to kids at festivals in the UK is sometimes frustrating. Glastonbury welcomes our son in with open arms, for free.  I am happy to pay full whack for a ticket for him at APE, as it is otherwise impossible for us to get childcare on a Bank Holiday weekend.  We aren't trolley w*nkers taking up load of space.  Sigh. 

8 minutes ago, MercuryTrev said:

Is there an age restriction at APE? 

If I Google it, it says U18s need to be accompanied by an adult. However I've just been to buy tickets on the Amex pre-sale as me, wife and 10yo son are huge fans of The Maccabees, but it says 'over 16s only, 16 and 17yos must be accompanied by an adult'. 

Is that a new thing for this year?  We've never been to APE as it always clashes with Reading Festival which is down to road from us, so we tend to go to that, but want to see The Maccabees comeback. 

Attitudes to kids at festivals in the UK is sometimes frustrating. Glastonbury welcomes our son in with open arms, for free.  I am happy to pay full whack for a ticket for him at APE, as it is otherwise impossible for us to get childcare on a Bank Holiday weekend.  We aren't trolley w*nkers taking up load of space.  Sigh. 

it generally has some kind of age restriction, be it 14+, 16+ or 18+ depending on the audience unfortunately

Maybe contact them, could be old copy and paste

They're obviously not going to go from years being split up to headlining a festival. I'll go to one of their warm-ups beforehand, and maybe go to All Points East on a cheap ticket closer to if I can make it. Obviously being in London helps the latter, appreciate many need to plan ahead properly.

I'm sure their warm-ups will be announced, and maybe a 'proper' tour also confirmed, once All Points East sells enough tickets and they can promote other stuff.