Glastonbury 2025 ticket groups

Franky

If you are thinking of joining / forming a group (here or elsewhere) for ticket day, this is what I think it's worth knowing in advance:

Obviously, the main appeal is to boost your odds of success, which it will (with no guarantees).

This comes with some requirements.  By the same logic of wanting others to help you out, you'll need to commit to buying other people's tickets alongside your own.  This relies on an element of trust that you will buy a ticket / pay a deposit and someone will pay you back straight away (or vice-versa).

It can also really mess the group up if one of your mates manages to buy your ticket for you on the day and leaves the rest of your group in limbo, so it's important that you are in one group and one group only (and of you have helpers trying on your behalf on the day, they're also trying for anyone you're committed to helping in the group you've joined).

If you're not comfortable sharing your reg details and postcode, buying for internet strangers who will then pay you back, joining a WhatsApp group etc, then you're probably best going solo or sticking to an in-person group of people you know and trust in real life.

On the other hand, imagine you snag a ticket in the main sale.  Are you going to log on for the resale and hammer F5 in the hope of buying 6 x full price tickets for that one group of random strangers that missed out first time round? If so, we have some spaces in our group for next year...😀

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, prestonmanc said:

It can also really mess the group up if one of your mates manages to buy your ticket for you on the day and leaves the rest of your group in limbo, so it's important that you are in one group and one group only (and of you have helpers trying on your behalf on the day, they're also trying for anyone you're committed to helping in the group you've joined).

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

12 minutes ago, SticklinchJoe said:

How feasible is it to get a ticket by just going solo these days? In terms of percentages, how far south of 50% would the likelihood of getting tickets be?

Don't think anyone can realistically quantify that as it depends on various factors, some of which are unknown and one of which is you.

If I was going it alone for my own ticket then I'd still be about 99% confident of getting lucky at least once across the 4 sales, but someone who's not trying quite as aggressively as I do may not have the same hit rate, or they may reduce their chances by ruling out coaches, or they may be on a train with patchy signal.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SticklinchJoe said:

How feasible is it to get a ticket by just going solo these days? In terms of percentages, how far south of 50% would the likelihood of getting tickets be?

You mean going to the festival solo or trying for a ticket solo?

Truth be told there is no magic formula, you have as much chance as anybody else in getting through to the ticket page. It just depends on whether you hit that refresh at the exact moment a gap in the server becomes available. Obviously you can increase your odds by getting other people (family and friends) to try for you or by joining one of the ticket groups but realistically it's an unknown. I haven't got past the holding page personally for the last 10 years...

Also as has been said if you're open to coaches too you have 4 cracks at it, coach sale, general sale and the 2 resales. The only thing certain is that supply will outstrip demand. If you really want to go then it is advisable to get help.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LeeRow said:

Have many people had success using a group like this?

Just curious because it's getting harder & harder every year to get tickets

I have been part of large groups ( the original one disappeared so I was fortunate to find another) since 2009, with a very good success. I failed for the 2016 festival but was fortunate to win tickets via eFestivals. I failed again for the 2022 festival and got a place stewarding for Oxfam. I have also bought a lot of tickets for others in the group.

It's very important that you only join one group and by being in a group of 6 for the general sale will bring better success. 😊

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Like 2

I've been umming and ahhing about going next year because I'll be going solo and haven't had any luck getting a ticket since 2016, but I'm in desperate need of something to look forward to.

I've already put a few hundred quid aside, so I'm happy to do my bit and help out as many people as I can on ticket day. I'm very organised and I'm good with a spreadsheet, so I'll do whatever I can to help out in the hopes that karma works in my favour!

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 1:48 PM, StoneCircle said:

I have been part of large groups ( the original one disappeared so I was fortunate to find another) since 2009, with a very good success. I failed for the 2016 festival but was fortunate to win tickets via eFestivals. I failed again for the 2022 festival and got a place stewarding for Oxfam. I have also bought a lot of tickets for others in the group.

It's very important that you only join one group and by being in a group of 6 for the general sale will bring better success. 😊

Thanks for the feedback 👌🏻 I've been quite lucky over the last few years but it's definitely getting harder so I'm gonna try joining a group on here 🙏🏻