What if Glastonbury switched to Ticketmaster and Dynamic ticket pricing????

Franky

19 minutes ago, Furq said:

No, no, I meant 'hospitality tickets'.

Was quite susprised when I heard about them being sold for £1000ish.

On the flipside, it makes sense that the number of free tickets is restricted.

All good.

Ah right hospitality tickets. 

The festival does sell those!  I’m not sure about the numbers but I would have thought that for each ticket that they sold they would need to provide a space in hospitality camping and probably at a lower density than general. I know that @Ayrshire Chris has been in the campsite and might have some idea of numbers. 
AFAIK the tickets are sold by the festival at about double the price as normal tickets but only to music industry people. Some of these might be sold on by some companies at a higher price 

Edited by tarw
Typo

3 hours ago, tarw said:

Ah right hospitality tickets. 

The festival does sell those!  I’m not sure about the numbers but I would have thought that for each ticket that they sold they would need to provide a space in hospitality camping and probably at a lower density than general. I know that @Ayrshire Chris has been in the campsite and might have some idea of numbers. 
AFAIK the tickets are sold by the festival at about double the price as normal tickets but only to music industry people. Some of these might be sold on by some companies at a higher price 

Hospitality tickets were £750 plus vat. The festival insist they are sold at face value only, and I suppose this extra income helps keep the basic ticket prices down.
 Havnt a clue how many tickets are available for media, music industry etc but the hospitality area behind the pyramid was busy, as was the hospitality camping area.
the tickets have your name printed on them and to get the wristband and access to the site you need to show a passport or driving licence as proof of identity. Need to show that every time you enter the site. 
 Artists must get them as I spoke to the parents of someone playing the other stage! 
a few landowners get a very limited allocation of these tickets and sell them as part of glamping packages.  Seems this is in return for using fields for parking etc. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

23 hours ago, DeanoL said:

No, but it means you are actually okay with people paying different money for the same seat. So that's not actually your issue. 

But they're not really paying different money for the same seat in those situations because they've paid a price elsewhere. They're getting a discount on merit. The dynamic pricing system is based on arbitrary greed, and two people who are on the same footing are paying a completely different price for the same thing. Bringing blue card discounts into this is just deflecting because it isn't even relevant.

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2024 at 8:54 AM, CharlotteB said:

The dynamic pricing system is based on arbitrary greed, and two people who are on the same footing are paying a completely different price for the same thing. 

No-one is "on the same footing" though. Maybe someone works for Oxfam, maybe someone is a teacher, maybe someone does any of a million things that should class as "merit" but just don't happen to get a discount because it's not the NHS.

You're not wrong about the greed element, but that's the problem here. Pricing to extract as much money as they can from the consumer. The problem isn't that you're stood next to someone who paid more/less.

6 hours ago, DeanoL said:

No-one is "on the same footing" though. Maybe someone works for Oxfam, maybe someone is a teacher, maybe someone does any of a million things that should class as "merit" but just don't happen to get a discount because it's not the NHS.

You're not wrong about the greed element, but that's the problem here. Pricing to extract as much money as they can from the consumer. The problem isn't that you're stood next to someone who paid more/less.

As far as the algorithm goes you're on the same footing. Yet you get charged different prices.