Bonnie Prince Billie

staffop

2 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Just to recap, you said people are allowed a dissenting view and I replied saying of course they are. So that is the opposite of saying he cannot hold a view. My question was regarding the way that view was expressed.

A reminder that this topic was not someone asking for opinions on BPB. It was someone looking for help to identify a song which they really enjoyed .

I think the kids call BBC7BBCHEAVEN's reply 'shitposting'. If you call my response gatekeeping then fine, I'll stop engaging here. I can't imagine enjoying the kind of forum where people reply to every mentioned band saying that they are dull and overrated. That seems like a dead end to conversation.

You said of course you are, but then that isn't reflective of how you've engaged with that poster I'm afraid.

No, but also anytime someone says "sh*t band, boring" telling them to "go to reading" is a pretty tedious gatekeeping forum that's boring to be on too mate. Leave that in the noughties where it belongs

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2024 at 10:23 PM, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Imagine going to a wonderful festival like EOTR full of interesting, creative music. Then you come away and one of the first things you do is check the number of listens on Spotify. There is no word for the sadness I feel for you. I would though direct you to the Leeds/Reading festival which may appeal more to your tastes.

Touched a nerve here 🤣.

The point is just because someone's still going after 30 years doesn't mean they are still a success.

Imagine assuming you're better than everyone that goes to Reading / Leeds. An incredible level of smugness and elitism, when everyone knows those are basically "first" festivals for teenagers. (Some good acts in this year's line up too - wunderhorse, Blink 182, Raye, kneecap, Fontaine's)

Glad you enjoyed BPB. I enjoyed many varied acts who were actually interesting and talented over the weekend, but each to their own.

Thanks for your condescending pity (that's the word for sadness you feel for me btw, you unfathomably arrogant gobshite)

On 9/7/2024 at 10:47 PM, accordionandvoice said:

Hang on, you're claiming 'NewDad' are bigger than Bonnie Prince Billy because ....... Spotify listeners? No mind to album sales, venue sizes, international reputation etc... What a strange bloke you are !

No, I pointed out that most of the festival tried to leave BPB to go see Newdad

Not that a relatively new band are bigger and better known than an artist who has been going for three decades longer, which would obviously be a ridiculous metric to use 

2 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

who were actually interesting and talented

2 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

most of the festival tried to leave BPB to go see Newdad

I think it's more phrases like this that got people's backs up. Said with such authority and yet blatantly untrue. You're entitled to your opinion on BPB and I agree that the Reading/Leeds comment was w*nky and uncalled for. But to suggest that BPB is untalented, and that the many, many people I was surrounded by, utterly enraptured by his performance were actually only there because they had nothing better to do is just plain bollocks