How has it changed?

Block

30 minutes ago, incident said:

The "everyone must arrive first thing Wednesday" change can actually be put down to a specific year - 2009, seemingly because the festival started referring to it as a 5 day event and people unexpectedly took notice.

I'm glad for that, I love spending that day relaxing and settling in. Feels like a proper holiday day

On 9/5/2024 at 10:32 AM, -TLR- said:

i think it'll be great with your kids along - i don't have kids myself but i have noticed at the festivals since covid that there are LOADS of families and kids there, like all over the place!

its changed in the way that it now feels like V festival instead of Glastonbury... but thats another thing...

🙂 

There have always been kids. I was going pre children, then have taken all of my 3 since the age of two which was 2003. They are now the next generation of seasoned festival goers. The demographics of the crowd has changed, but kids in themselves are not the problem. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Block said:

Thanks everyone for all your replies. 

Next question.. how do we get tickets!!! 😭 

get michael eavis to adopt you. 😛 

This year was my first year back since 2019 and the first time the kids have been back since 2017. Have to say I was apprehensive after the overcrowding and crush stories that I read of the post covid festivals, but we had absolutely no issues at any time. We were pretty low key participants this year, but just having a 'normal' chilled festival didn't expose us to any crowd issues at all. We didn't go out of our way to avoid anything (apart from the pyramid for most of Sunday). I've been going since 2007 and I didn't really see any difference this year at all. Sunday was a weird day, usually the day I don't enjoy anywhere near the pyramid, so we avoided that all day until the headliner, but as we all know that was deserted and I believe the rest of the day around there wasn't the usual crush. We saw lots of people leaving through gate C as we went in and out a couple of times, so I think there were less people on site on the Sunday than usual, so no guarantee for next year for you. 

I don't think you'll have any real issues when you go 🙂