Ticket Day Date Prediction

Kaboom Boxer

Ticket Day Prediction  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What day do you predict tickets for G2025 will go on sale?

• Sunday 6th October
    • Sunday 13th October
    • Sunday 20th October
    • Sunday 27th October
    • Sunday 3rd November
    • Sunday 10th November
    • Sunday 17th November
    • Sunday 24th November
    • Sunday 30th November
    • Other

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

So they have, apologies! 

Here's a screenshot of the prices for last year's smaller tents. This is just to give you an idea of the prices, Spring Ground is only for people with disabilities. 😊

Screenshot_20241010-191357.png

yeah, its gone up quite a bit. And yes, prices removed for now. I mean I figure its £450 now for a 2 person Scout now and I paid £300 3 years ago. Ugh. 

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

yeah, its gone up quite a bit. And yes, prices removed for now. I mean I figure its £450 now for a 2 person Scout now and I paid £300 3 years ago. Ugh. 

Keep a look out on what Holt Farm offer next year, I know a lot of posters went there this year with their own tents. https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/24294841.holt-farm-exclusive-camping-experience-glastonbury-2024/

16 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Coach prices are meant to be green travel but it's really a money making scheme 

completely - £74 from London is a joke its like a 2 hour drive. 74£ x 50 people is a lot of profit

I reckon the ticket price is justifiable, just about. It's pricey but there's loads of stuff to see/do and you're getting some world class acts, especially given the madness of big-gig tickets these days.

The ancilliary stuff though? f**k me, that's little short of gouging. I understand you don't *have to* use any of this, but the campervan pitches, Car parking, Worthy View, they don't represent any kind of value at all. Yadda yadda yadda renting the fields from neighbouring farms etc, but that doesn't make it right. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I reckon the ticket price is justifiable, just about. It's pricey but there's loads of stuff to see/do and you're getting some world class acts, especially given the madness of big-gig tickets these days.

The ancilliary stuff though? f**k me, that's little short of gouging. I understand you don't *have to* use any of this, but the campervan pitches, Car parking, Worthy View, they don't represent any kind of value at all. Yadda yadda yadda renting the fields from neighbouring farms etc, but that doesn't make it right. 

It is great value, there’s no doubt about that.
The optional ancillary stuff pricing might just be a way of subsidising the basic ticket price and keep it as affordable as they can. 

More I think about it, some of it is not really optional is it? You've got to get there somehow, so either drive and pay that car parking fee, or get a coach and pay over the odds. And before anyone says anything, cycling/walking not really a realistic option for most.

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

More I think about it, some of it is not really optional is it? You've got to get there somehow, so either drive and pay that car parking fee, or get a coach and pay over the odds. And before anyone says anything, cycling/walking not really a realistic option for most.

I think the parking fee is ok. Yes, you've just left it in a field for 5 days but £11 per day ain't that bad. Especially if split between a few of you.

Worthy View etc. on the other hand? Bollocks to that.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think the parking fee is ok. Yes, you've just left it in a field for 5 days but £11 per day ain't that bad. Especially if split between a few of you.

The parking fee works out to about £33 per square foot/year (if my fag-packet calculations are right). That's roughly the same as the rental price for a central London flat.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/793690/monthly-rent-cost-residential-eur-per-square-meter-europe-by-city/#:~:text=In 2023%2C the most expensive,31.3 euros per square meter.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Last few minutes getting up to WV

a man in a red jacket climbs a rocky cliff

12 minutes ago, Mardy said:

The parking fee works out to about £33 per square foot/year (if my fag-packet calculations are right). That's roughly the same as the rental price for a central London flat.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/793690/monthly-rent-cost-residential-eur-per-square-meter-europe-by-city/#:~:text=In 2023%2C the most expensive,31.3 euros per square meter.

I'm just comparing it to town parking, I guess. 

18 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

image-5.png?ex=670959ac&is=6708082c&hm=67b4fbc343fa8dbce80a941e7c6de038632f825429e82497083b137fe2b6f0cb&coach fares

That's disgraceful 

I drive from the Northwest, spend about £80 on fuel £60 on a parking ticket so £140 there will be Three  of us in the car so lest say £50  each. why would we get the coach?  Twice the price, cant take too much, can't go when you want. If they want people to get coaches they need to make it worth while

11 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Keep a look out on what Holt Farm offer next year, I know a lot of posters went there this year with their own tents. https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/24294841.holt-farm-exclusive-camping-experience-glastonbury-2024/

15 minute walk to the pyramid!! Absolute bollocks haha

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

You have to use at least some of it - there's not really any way to get there without paying for something from the fest bar a drop-off from friends (and these now cost money for larger vehicles)

Richer people buying their £1k glamping tent for 4 are subsidising the rest of us, i have no problem with it at current levels.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It is great value, there’s no doubt about that.
The optional ancillary stuff pricing might just be a way of subsidising the basic ticket price and keep it as affordable as they can. 

Definitely - its the same with everything at festival e.g. beer prices, glamping, parking etc.

The ticket is a loss leader to get you in and spending

2 hours ago, gfa said:

completely - £74 from London is a joke its like a 2 hour drive. 74£ x 50 people is a lot of profit

I don't think that's too bad... it about £45/£50 each way on the train - LDN to Castle Cary at any time of the year. 

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

The ticket is a loss leader to get you in and spending

I think the key difference is, when you're through the gate you don't actually have to spend anything if you have your own. 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

I don't think that's too bad... it about £45/£50 each way on the train - LDN to Castle Cary at any time of the year. 

Railways in the UK, a well known example of good value!

Jokes aside clearly they are making stacks of cash on these coaches.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think the key difference is, when you're through the gate you don't actually have to spend anything if you have your own. 

You can walk to the festival if you want and eat from the hare krishna tent all weekend too - i think its beyond the point

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah thats the difference with glasto. You can walk around with your own bevy everywhere which can save you a fortune if you want it to. You could spend 0 on food too if you chose to but obviously the food is part of the experience for many.

It represents good value but is still a pricey ticket, both of these are true. But with the cost of stadium and arena tours nowadays you only need 2 or 3 biggies you want to see to almost justify the ticket cost. O rod for example must be like 100 quid for a standing ticket im sure.