Radiohead 2025?

Longdrop Bum Grapes

Wherever they're playing I want to be there. Haven't seen them for aeons and in the meantime they've become my 15-year-old son's favourite band, so it would be a thing for us. Moon Shaped Pool was absolutely phenomenal, perhaps my favourite album of theirs, though it took me a while to work that out. In short, I couldn't be more excited at the prospect of failing to get tickets to see them.

Last saw them at Lolla Berlin in 2016. They played amazing but the festival crowd was not warm to them. Obviously frontloading the set with A Moon Shaped Pool was not a good idea for a more generalist day-fest crowd.

Will prio seeing RH on their return at their own show; I just dont feel they are a 'festival' band anymore (unless its their own curated 1 dayer to the mega fans).

Edited by FrogLobster

1 hour ago, FrogLobster said:

Last saw them at Lolla Berlin in 2016. They played amazing but the festival crowd was not warm to them. Obviously frontloading the set with A Moon Shaped Pool was not a good idea for a more generalist day-fest crowd.

Serious? I was at that Lolla Berlin gig and thought that crowd was excellent. The field was absolutely packed.

So many die hard fans that day. It also was a greatest hits set, they even played Creep. 

10 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

2027? 30 years of OKC this time?

Radiohead are not a band to do anniversary shows. They've never done it. They release the extended albums but I have never got the vibe from them that they would indulge in anniversary shows, they're just not that type of band.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Radiohead are not a band to do anniversary shows. They've never done it. They release the extended albums but I have never got the vibe from them that they would indulge in anniversary shows, they're just not that type of band.

you are probably right on that,  not sure they would even commit to maintaining the same setlist for more than 2 gigs in a row - let alone play an album in full consistently 

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

Serious? I was at that Lolla Berlin gig and thought that crowd was excellent. The field was absolutely packed.

So many die hard fans that day. It also was a greatest hits set, they even played Creep. 

I might have just been in a bad spot. 😞 

The 2nd half incredible though (although no All I Need 😞)!

Edited by FrogLobster

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

2027? 30 years of OKC this time?

TY/JG seem to be having more fun jamming/experimenting. Can see RH perhaps leaning more into material of a particular album with deeper cuts/b-sides but never a full-runthrough from start to finish for an anniversary.

Obviously would still lose my sh*t if an OKC show happened.

6 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Yep, tedious. One of my best ever decisions to leave early and head over to the Park for Flaming Lips.

I’d love to see the lips back next year. Missed them in 17, guess where we were! Having said that I enjoyed Radiohead. One of those clashes it was hard to decide on where to go.