Lytham Festival 2025

Steve G

On 10/4/2024 at 9:15 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

The Cure at Lytham would be insane.

looks like we can rule it out   according the uncut interview looks like November 1st album launch show which is now confirmed for the proxy then they've decided against festivals next summer and will return to the stage next autumn

57 minutes ago, bingobear said:

looks like we can rule it out   according the uncut interview looks like November 1st album launch show which is now confirmed for the proxy then they've decided against festivals next summer and will return to the stage next autumn

Yeah, saw that. Hopefully means some quality shows down the line however.

On 9/25/2024 at 4:06 PM, northernangel said:

APE just don't book the kinda act that Biffy is from my view

I know this is an old response but APE books all kinds of things - hell, Bring Me The Horizon and Foals have done it as heads and I would argue that Biffy have some crossover with those two.

But I guess we'll see. Last year's didn't quite stray into their territory, but I think they'd be a decent enough booking. Either that or maybe Biffy could do Gunnersbury.

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I know this is an old response but APE books all kinds of things - hell, Bring Me The Horizon and Foals have done it as heads and I would argue that Biffy have some crossover with those two.

But I guess we'll see. Last year's didn't quite stray into their territory, but I think they'd be a decent enough booking. Either that or maybe Biffy could do Gunnersbury.

I think Biffy could do Gunnersbury. I personally wouldn't class Biffy in the same vein as either of them two from my view. Early Biffy maybe more so but Biffy now you'd be more likely to find V Festival book lol.

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think Biffy could do Gunnersbury. I personally wouldn't class Biffy in the same vein as either of them two from my view. Early Biffy maybe more so but Biffy now you'd be more likely to find V Festival book lol.

Gunnersbury would be a very small booking for them - would rule them out of ever doing major festival headline slots again imo

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Gunnersbury would be a very small booking for them - would rule them out of ever doing major festival headline slots again imo

That is true to be honest. Probably a little small but then out of all these bands Biffy Clyro have never been the one to be booked for any size of their own outdoor English gig.

I don't think they are that far from dropping down anyway to be honest. Even Victorious that might be 60k, don't book bands that headline major festivals. IOW for example occasionally book one huge act that could headline anywhere but the other headliners aren't main stage festival headliners. No IOW headliner is class as that in 2019 and in 2014 when they did it, it was a bit of a co-headliner thing and the other two headliners were certainly a bigger level. Download still probably will as they've allowed themselves to undersell themselves this year. Scotland obviously. 

APE still seem like the most likely place if they do a London show to me.

They seem do be doing Truck anyway which is pretty nearby, could skip London or do their own thing to be honest

1 hour ago, gfa said:

They seem do be doing Truck anyway which is pretty nearby, could skip London or do their own thing to be honest

... what, has a rumour of Biffy at Truck surfaced?

Tbf that kinda also proves my point about APE given Foals have also headlined Truck and APE and I think there's a fair bit of crossover in Foals & Biffy fans. Royal Blood did Truck as well tbf.

15 hours ago, charlierc said:

... what, has a rumour of Biffy at Truck surfaced?

Tbf that kinda also proves my point about APE given Foals have also headlined Truck and APE and I think there's a fair bit of crossover in Foals & Biffy fans. Royal Blood did Truck as well tbf.

teasers using their msuic

Biffy Clyro at Truck pretty much cements their place as an act out of the conversation at leading festivals.

Yet, they probably will remain in the conversation for TRNSMT thanks to home advantage and Download thanks to an aging pool of options, even if both of their performances drew lacklustre crowds, by all accounts.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Biffy Clyro at Truck pretty much cements their place as an act out of the conversation at leading festivals.

Yet, they probably will remain in the conversation for TRNSMT thanks to home advantage and Download thanks to an aging pool of options, even if both of their performances drew lacklustre crowds, by all accounts.

Yeah if Biffy Clyro are at truck they've accepted where they stand. Truck being the smallest capacity one as well. They are likely going to be the big one they get like Royal Blood but it will look really weak for anyone except for Scotland to give them headline after that regardless of how big another band is they get.