16 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

How much do you think tickets will be?

2024 was £355

2023 was £335

2022 was £280

2020 was going to be £265

2019 was £248

I would say they will be £380, deposit will stay the same at £75

Inflation has slowed down heaps, i don't think its going to rise more than it did 2023-2024.

Going for £370 or worst-case £375.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Inflation has slowed down heaps, i don't think its going to rise more than it did 2023-2024.

375 seems more likely. Don’t think they can just increase by the annual general inflation number. They will be looking more at wage inflation, whether they need extra income to cover the cost of artists demands and if they want to spend more on infrastructure, new attractions etc.  

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

375 seems more likely. Don’t think they can just increase by the annual general inflation number. They will be looking more at wage inflation, whether they need extra income to cover the cost of artists demands and if they want to spend more on infrastructure, new attractions etc.  

Suspect most new things will come post fallow year now .... this will be a holding year in terms of new things at a guess 

6 hours ago, gfa said:

While it's true that inflation is much lower, that may not tell the story here.

Firstly because inflation isn't even close to equal across all sectors, and the festival is much more exposed to some sectors than others. Secondly because we don't know whether or how much they've tried to cushion the price rises in previous years by absorbing some of the rises - they may need to rise costs above inflation just to get back "level". Thirdly because they may be looking to put a bit extra in the bank to cover them through the 2026 fallow year - we know from the accounts that GFLs rainy day savings were pretty much wiped out during the COVID enforced fallow years, but don't know the current situation yet.

15 hours ago, incident said:

While it's true that inflation is much lower, that may not tell the story here.

Firstly because inflation isn't even close to equal across all sectors, and the festival is much more exposed to some sectors than others. Secondly because we don't know whether or how much they've tried to cushion the price rises in previous years by absorbing some of the rises - they may need to rise costs above inflation just to get back "level". Thirdly because they may be looking to put a bit extra in the bank to cover them through the 2026 fallow year - we know from the accounts that GFLs rainy day savings were pretty much wiped out during the COVID enforced fallow years, but don't know the current situation yet.

Fair points but whack on an extra tenner max. Can't believe some are saying £390+

A price rise of £20 isn't even 2.5 pints at the bar. 

I don't want them to hike it up and price people out but I think we all need to be realistic that costs for staff and infrastructure have gone up massively, artists now find live performances their main source of income (so are rightly demanding bigger fees). The festival is in a tricky place here. 

But the coach prices - they can get in the sea (tickets). 

11 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

A price rise of £20 isn't even 2.5 pints at the bar. 

depends on your bar, that's nearly  five pints at my favourite bar. 

11 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

I don't want them to hike it up and price people out but I think we all need to be realistic that costs for staff and infrastructure have gone up massively, artists now find live performances their main source of income (so are rightly demanding bigger fees). The festival is in a tricky place here. 

But the coach prices - they can get in the sea (tickets).