Ticket Price Prediction

dotdash79

On 9/16/2024 at 8:20 PM, northernangel said:

That price hike from 2022 to 2023 was madness!

It's more that 2022 was kept low, I think because it was seen as a replacement for 2020 - and obviously those with 2020 ticket deposits had placed them at a certain price so there was a balance to found there between needing to increase the price a bit (because of soaring costs) and being fair to those who had deposits at a specific price.

2023 was then back to full market value.

I'm expecting £395 next year to just get it over with and the festival hopefully able to hold it there for a few more years.

I reckon 375 as others have said. Problem the festival faces is the fees now demanded by certain artists  as seen by the cost of gigs now.  375 is pretty decent value for a  five day festival. It’s a balancing act between the cost of running the festival and keeping it affordable for the attendees. 

2 minutes ago, CY 2019 said:

When do we reckon that the tickets will go on sale?

Sometime in the first couple of weeks of November would be the most likely. Going off previous ticket day announcements we should expect the dates to come out by the end of the month.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I reckon 375 as others have said. Problem the festival faces is the fees now demanded by certain artists  as seen by the cost of gigs now.  375 is pretty decent value for a  five day festival. It’s a balancing act between the cost of running the festival and keeping it affordable for the attendees. 

Is it actually artist fees causing the issue though?

It seems to be infrastructure costs that are fuelling the increases was my perception. Although that being said a lot of the superstruct fests have kept costs pretty stationary.

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

Is it actually artist fees causing the issue though?

It seems to be infrastructure costs that are fuelling the increases was my perception. Although that being said a lot of the superstruct fests have kept costs pretty stationary.

its really about keeping the lights on and not paying talent since thats only changed with headliners right? 

if you still want your dragonfly and such youll have to fork over the money. 

if these artists actually got paid their fees it would be £500 a ticket and capacity would be another 20k and less randomness. 

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

if these artists actually got paid their fees it would be £500 a ticket and capacity would be another 20k and less randomness. 

change the record, bro.