Other Stage Headliner / Pyramid Sub Headliners

Ben7amin_

Starting a thread as the pool seems to be massive - doing both in one as some acts could fit in either slot. 

Some of the names mentioned here so far

Chase & Status, BICEP (live), Prodigy, Nick Cave ATBS, Charli XCX, Biffy Clyro, The XX, Chappell Roan, Sabrina Carpenter, Wolf Alice, Pulp, Jack White, Childish Gambino, Paramore, Nine Inch Nails) 

have so far been mentioned

• Thanks 1

Think if I had to categorise them at the minute, here’s how I’d see it:

Pyramid subs - The XX, Chappell Roan, Sabrina Carpenter, Pulp

Other headliners - Chase & Status, BICEP, The Prodigy, Nick Cave & TBS, Charli xcx, Wolf Alice, Nine Inch Nails

Suitable for either - Biffy Clyro, Jack White, Childish Gambino, Paramore

I also saw someone’s clashfinder who suggested the three sub headliners as Megan Thee Stallion/Pet Shop Boys/Nile Rodgers & Chic but I suspect the latter as West Holts headliners as a more suitable option.

13 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

So between us we have listed 19 acts!   to start this thread -  Id be willing to be at least one of the eventual acts is one that at this point has not been mentioned 

Almost certainly, looking back at the stage predictions thread for this year’s festival from this time last year and seeing names such as:

Pyramid subs - Kasabian, Jorja Smith, Aerosmith, Sam Smith, J Hus, Alicia Keys, O-Rod, Stereophonics

Other headliners - Massive Attack, The Prodigy, Wolf Alice, Chems 

Both - Pulp, Doja Cat

So there will definitely be some names in the mix we haven’t considered yet!

19 minutes ago, northernangel said:

No chance are they headlining WH. I do agree with the extra darkness helping but I've never seen a band sell out MK Bowl, do a huge arena tour and then only play the Other stage.

They must be a lot bigger than when they headlined WH then.

Mind you it was a while back 

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

What for next year?

Yep, they've a new album out at the back end of the year which his label and management will be pushing, the festival are then willing to take that punt and within the industry there's a feeling that they could be a future festival headliner, have a world arena tour planned for 2025

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hitlist is Nick Cave, NIN or Charli. Or even Chappell.

The reality is strap in for Biffy Clyro again.

I'd rather the latter anyway lol

1 hour ago, dan05delaney said:

Yep, they've a new album out at the back end of the year which his label and management will be pushing, the festival are then willing to take that punt and within the industry there's a feeling that they could be a future festival headliner, have a world arena tour planned for 2025

This would be decent.