Other Stage Headliner / Pyramid Sub Headliners

Ben7amin_

3 hours ago, mufcok said:

Fontaines have been offered a Pyramid sub slot. Undecided whether they'll take it (dunno which night, or who before). Whilst I'm buzzing about the prospect, I'm quite surprised that they could do consecutive years. I guess Emily likes Romance as much as I do.

I think they should. Very cool slot and the fallow year in 2026.

Can probably find out whether they're doing it or not, won't be a for a few months though.

How do you know this? I wouldn't be surprised. It's unusual for a band to be playing a high slot 2 years in a row, but Fontaines are in a perfect position for the pyramid sub slot next year.

Edited by Acid_Haze

11 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

How do you know this? I wouldn't be surprised. It's unusual for a band to be playing a high slot 2 years in a row, but Fontaines are in a perfect position for the pyramid sub slot next year.

Can't say that I'm afraid, assure you it's accurate though.

As I say, not sure (or particularly confident) they'll take the slot. 

Can understand grumbles but they're probably in a slightly different situation from most in that they appear to be on an upward trajectory and the new record came out after they headlined the Park. That slot does feel somewhat lowly now only three months later, bumping them to headline Other instead of Idles might have been the better call.

Either way they'd be daft not to take it. I'm a fan but not sure they'll ever make the next step up. 

Edited by Joey Peeps
  • Upvote 1

I’d actually look forward to two new younger subs being promoted in Fontaines & Yungblud. The former probably have released the best album of the year and were too low headlining the park, plus the album wasn’t out when they played this year. 

• Upvote 1

I agree that booking a band 4 out of 5 festivals seems uninspired, but with all the talk of the festival "making" headliners, this is how it's done.

Book an artist in progressively bigger slots, they need to smash those slots while making a couple of great records along the way (and doing right a lot of the things the festival has no influence over). And if everything comes together you can put them on the top of el pointo and everyone is happy.

Bumping up an act that has never played the festival before with little to no foothold in the UK market is not the way to do it, even if it seems edgier, less boring and more inspired.

• Upvote 1

Just now, clasher said:

I agree that booking a band 4 out of 5 festivals seems uninspired, but with all the talk of the festival "making" headliners, this is how it's done.

Book an artist in progressively bigger slots, they need to smash those slots while making a couple of great records along the way (and doing right a lot of the things the festival has no influence over). And if everything comes together you can put them on the top of el pointo and everyone is happy.

Bumping up an act that has never played the festival before with little to no foothold in the UK market is not the way to do it, even if it seems edgier, less boring and more inspired.

This is method  gonna get Little Simz there 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's just Fontaines playing 4 out of the past 5 years that makes it a bit of a drab booking. Otherwise it's a decent placing.

My initial instincts on Yungblud are less positive, but dunno if I've ever even heard any of their music.

Yungblud would smash it. Very good live act and would win people over. Think he’d suit the slot under Olivia Rodrigo if she was to headline. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Go on then. What's the one song I should check out?

Mars or Polygraph Eyes. Probably his best songs but not his most famous. 

If you fancy trying anymore his latest song breakdown is really good, I’d also recommend The Funeral, Loner, Original Me and I Love You Will You Marry Me. His most famous songs are Parents and I Think I’m Okay but I wouldn’t say they’re his best. Not many of his songs sound the same though.