Other Stage Headliner / Pyramid Sub Headliners

Ben7amin_

On 9/20/2024 at 6:09 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

Exhibit A!   Chase & Status tour dates - Id like to think they would only be suitable for the Other Headline - But I would have said the same about LCS Soundsystem. 

image.png.cb8a2f51a5ac9a7337e990f59d77794b.png

Chase & Status are still around? I learn things every day. 

50 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Despite it being an unintended clash the IDLES Fontaines Clash probably saved the festival from mega overcrowding for either act, if IDLES were not on the Park would have been to packed  

IDLES wouldn't have been mega overcrowded on Other if fontaines weren't playing 😂

18 hours ago, mufcok said:

I disagree. Whilst it's unusual for acts to get the call in consecutive years, some do.

I'm bias, as I'm a big fan, but I think Romance has propelled them to the next level - hence Finsbury Park. Sometimes it's good to just cash in when an act is so hot.

Yeah they were great this year and really glad to have been there, and to some extent you could argue they grew between being booked and performing on the Park this year to have warranted the Other stage.  Again, I am biased though. Btw, that Fri night was heaven for me LCD on Pyramid followed by Fontaines at the Park. 

If I were lucky enough to get tickets again for next yr would gladly see Fontaines again, but does feel a bit close to Finsbury Pk for them?

24 minutes ago, SPW said:

Yeah they were great this year and really glad to have been there, and to some extent you could argue they grew between being booked and performing on the Park this year to have warranted the Other stage.  Again, I am biased though. Btw, that Fri night was heaven for me LCD on Pyramid followed by Fontaines at the Park. 

If I were lucky enough to get tickets again for next yr would gladly see Fontaines again, but does feel a bit close to Finsbury Pk for them?

Confused with the reference to other stage - isn't the info pyramid sub

I'm not sure they grew since Park headline much - they were just very underbilled for that to begin with. Finsbury Park went on sale only a few weeks after that performance.

Being close to finsbury park doesn't matter - that shows been onsale ages etc

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Chase and Status somehow bigger than they've ever been right now, which is a bit weird.

There live show is exceptional - I went earlier in the year and i may well go to there next tour -  They bring out 5-10 special guests every show and crowd front to back are absolutely wild throughout. Timed with the popularity of drum and base today its no surprise -  its a proper show.   They will smash this arena tour.   its the perfect storm of being something the 25 and unders are into and the nostalgia for older listeners of an act that listened to them in the mid noughties.  

Plus they have just had their biggest hit when it felt that they would not beat the success from earlier albums 

Edited by Ben7amin_

1 minute ago, Acid Loafers said:

Chase & Status seemed like an obvious WH headliner, even last season.

Guessing Justice nabbed that slot from them. Hard to imagine they wouldn't get the WH electronic slot, if they want it.

Chase and Status are too big now for that   They'll be on the Other.

3 hours ago, SPW said:

Agreed on the Friday. LCD into Fontaines was high on my cherished memories from the farm, glorious.

I mean with Finsbury - it did pretty well as soon as it went on sale, I believe. Not sure where numbers are up to now.

Whilst things may leak for Glastonbury, nothing will be official to a couple of months from the festival, so there'd be no concern there for them.

Edited by mufcok

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Your completely right but you can do it with larger gaps.

Its a bit awkward with the fallow to be fair, them subbing next year would likely be perfect (and they'd be a bit bigger for the slot too)

Oh I agree, ideally you would have larger gaps, but yeah, life happens. They have a new album out now and 2026 is a fallow. They might not tour in 2027. Or they might have another big album out that puts them right in the headliner discussion. Nobody knows.

But more to the point - there's a lot going on behind the scenes and you can't perfectly time everything. 4 out of 5 festivals is a lot, but it's an exception, not a rule with acts this size.

And since we're talking about a quality band with a solid fanbase and a fresh new record that's now arguably bigger than ever before, I think we can let this one slide and not see it as laziness on the bookers part or as a sign of the festivals' decline or whatever. 

(Not that you claimed any of that, just a response to the general tone of discussion. Oh and I'm not even that big a fan.)

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, gfa said:

I'm not sure they grew since Park headline much - they were just very underbilled for that to begin with. Finsbury Park went on sale only a few weeks after that performance.

They've blown up massively since Starbuster was released in April. Would have been booked well before that to be fair.