Other Stage Headliner / Pyramid Sub Headliners

Ben7amin_

LCD were better than all 3 Pyramid headliners for me but then they are one of my all time favourite groups so I would say that. 

Still think their 2016 headline slot takes the top prize though. That was a special special night. 

8 hours ago, Benjsh said:

LCD were better than all 3 Pyramid headliners for me but then they are one of my all time favourite groups so I would say that. 

Still think their 2016 headline slot takes the top prize though. That was a special special night. 

Missed the Pyramid headliners last year (though did watch all three on Iplayer after).  I would say Simzy & LCD were much better than the actual headliners. For me anyway 

Edited by Ben7amin_

12 hours ago, mufcok said:

Fontaines update - being led to believe they've opted not to take the slot. Couldn't say for sure, but I suspect it's right.

I will be able to confirm 100%, but likely not until the start of December. Just thought I'd provide an update, based on what I've been told (original post was always with the caveat that they were undecided).

Quite mad they didn't take it, probably the biggest slot they will ever get at glasto (can't see them making it all the way to be honest)

At least we get Yungblud.......

10 hours ago, sisco said:

Yet Little Simz and LCD were viewed as 2 of the best performances of the whole weekend 

I got the general thing while waiting for Coldplay than many people were standing through for their spot. It was generally just a younger female fan base that were making a point of who was on from where I was.

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

Quite mad they didn't take it, probably the biggest slot they will ever get at glasto (can't see them making it all the way to be honest)

At least we get Yungblud.......

It's quite ballsy, with the intention (I imagine) being to headline the whole thing.

I think they should be taking it, personally, but then I'm a bit obsessed so I would say that selfishly 

19 minutes ago, mufcok said:

It's quite ballsy, with the intention (I imagine) being to headline the whole thing.

I think they should be taking it, personally, but then I'm a bit obsessed so I would say that selfishly 

Yeah i'm still yet to see them so would have liked them to do it (although likely would have prioritised someone else at sub headliner time).

They can definitely just take it in 2027 i guess, unless they drop off massively somehow

Assumption of headliner or bust mentality from the band, but also possible that they're self-aware enough to recognise the risk of becoming viewed as a Glastonbury house band with 4 out of 5 recent festivals if they do next year (to @wro_lap's point)

If it's the former then yeah, they might be overreaching.  But the latter could well be good sense. If you're on the up you want to strike a balance between visibility and just being omnipresent and your shows being so common as to be unremarkable.

• Like 1