Attending gigs solo

efcfanwirral

11 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I guess. Sure I used to use it regularly as a route without bother. Does THE Kids Field have a similar policy? Possibly the only field on site I've never set foot in. I mean it doesn't lead to/is not a short cut to anywhere (afaik) and the line up's not really aimed at me (still a Basil Brush fan mind).

The showers in the Kidzfield are open to everyone - that's the only reason I've ever been in there!  I don't remember them having an issue with childless people but it's been a few years since I've used those ones. 

We had kids in tow in 2013 and at times I had left the field to be elsewhere. On returning sometimes I was stopped at the entrance and had to explain that I had family in there and sometimes I wasn't. Just seemed to be whoever was manning the entrance at the time.

11 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

That's been the case for some time and is just all adults without kids with them.  They dont want us drunkenly climbing all over the ship and mowing down 5 year olds. Which is fair.

They'll learn to dodge better.  Life lessons for them.

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

The showers in the Kidzfield are open to everyone - that's the only reason I've ever been in there!  I don't remember them having an issue with childless people but it's been a few years since I've used those ones. 

Those showers are across from the entrance, rather than inside the designated (and enclosed) area for the Kidz Field itself.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Those showers are across from the entrance, rather than inside the designated (and enclosed) area for the Kidz Field itself.

Yeah, it's been a few years as we have good showers in Oxfield but I do seem to remember watching performers while waiting in a long queue!

There's a heavy steward presence at the entrances, which makes it look like there are no childless people allowed, but I've never seen anyone actually stopped. Obviously, there are a lot of adults going in there on their own to join up with other family members, so it'd be impossible to police.