Green Man 2025

bexj

8 hours ago, bandsrcool said:

Line-up speculation - Reckon Father John Misty could be in the running or more likely for End of the Road? See he's touring UK in April if that wouldn't be too soon after for him to nip back. Be keen to know if any has any other theories 😄

Headlined in 2019, surely won't be back so early.

28 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

Fontaines DC playing a big gig in Manchester the week of GM. Could they play? 

No chance whatsoever, not only because they headlined more recently than FJM, but their Manchester and London park gigs are bigger capacity than GM on their own.

13 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Headlined in 2019, surely won't be back so early.

No chance whatsoever, not only because they headlined more recently than FJM, but their Manchester and London park gigs are bigger capacity than GM on their own.

Absolutely, I feel like GM were lucky to hold onto Fontaines even from the 2020 cancellation, let alone how big they are now. 

37 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Absolutely, I feel like GM were lucky to hold onto Fontaines even from the 2020 cancellation, let alone how big they are now. 

Think their GM slot was their first time headlining a festival - they definitely left Green Man a much bigger deal than when they arrived

I'm not aware of GM's booking policy and whether they've said they won't repeat headliners, but FJM playing in 2019 doesn't seem like it would rule him out for 2025? I guess it's whether he does Glastonbury and other European fests around that time, or comes and does Øya & Green Man etc. in the same way Big Thief did this year. 

Also - the Horrors have just announced a new album for next year, with a new lineup. If they tour/do fests, can imagine them in Far Out. 

6 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

I'm not aware of GM's booking policy and whether they've said they won't repeat headliners, but FJM playing in 2019 doesn't seem like it would rule him out for 2025? I guess it's whether he does Glastonbury and other European fests around that time, or comes and does Øya & Green Man etc. in the same way Big Thief did this year. 

Also - the Horrors have just announced a new album for next year, with a new lineup. If they tour/do fests, can imagine them in Far Out. 

I dont think I’ve heard them say they don’t repeat headliners they just don’t do it a lot. They have a good ear/eye for bands on the way up and then I suppose it’s luck if they can grab them again before they get too big! Yes I could see Horrors in Far Out too.