Down Under - AU/NZ Artists

NorthernSoul52

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So who’s likely or has played Glastonbury as this is where the topic has been placed 

The Avalanches, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, some of Split Enz (ok, Crowded House), Courtney Barnett have all been on the farm. Based on the thread, there’s more we’d like to see! Also a good few attendees from down under that may be able to recommend some we aren’t as familiar with.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TheBoz said:

DMAs played the Thursday night William's Green one year but not been back as far as i'm aware. Crowded House in 2022 was also fun. Tame Impala in 2016 was epic but didn't see them when they headlined the Other.

He has his own thread but going to shout out Nick Cave too

Crowded House were great in 22, loads of fun.and Finn's voice was spot on. We'll skip over the weird bit where he got his grandson to scream into the mic...

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Whoever recommend Yumi Zouma, a gold star to you. 

Just spun In Camera five times in a row, that's excellent stuff.

I’m a little biased as the drummer is my cousin but Yumi Zouma are great. Really come to life live too, hopefully they’ll be on these shores in the next year. 

My other shout is for The Beth’s another great band live. 

7 hours ago, themuel said:

My favourite band in the world is The Cat Empire.

They are incredible live and the recent line-up rejig has added a whole new energy. They tour pretty much every year and always visit the UK. 

I love them.  

Big fan too. My housemate got me in to them when I lived in NZ. Managed to see them a few times but not since the line up changes. 

2 hours ago, MrHew said:

Fat Freddy's Drop have played previously. Mid 2000s on the then Jazz World. Not sure if they've been back since.

Don't think they have, which is odd as they seem to come to Europe most summers. Saw them a few times in New Zealand. Not sure who's still going out of these but would regularly see Salmonella Dub, Katchafire, Phoenix Foundation and Kora. Think Katchafire might have played Glastonbury. 

Another vote for The Beths too although never managed to see them live. The Teskey Brothers from Melbourne also good. Have seen them here before, don't think it was Glastonbury. Possibly Bearded Theory?

1 hour ago, Maurice Mecca said:

I’m a little biased as the drummer is my cousin but Yumi Zouma are great. Really come to life live too, hopefully they’ll be on these shores in the next year. 

My other shout is for The Beth’s another great band live. 

Ah, I was trying to remember who it was on here with a link to the band!