Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

NorthernSoul52

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Desperately trying for Macca on behalf of a friend. Absolutely no coconut, and he's got a price limit too. 

I got majorly lucky, I hadn't worked out how to make the Co Op app work so missed out there, but someone sent me a mailing list presale code, I tried it mid afternoon and there were just randomly a couple of rows of floor seats left right in the middle! Same price as Springsteen today for a similar area. I think the only other one I'd pay that sort of price for from the older crowd is U2

39 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

I'm chasing Racing in the Street at this point in my Bruce going career. Fingers crossed for Anfield night 2 

The one classic I've never caught in 13 shows over 30 years is Backstreets. Has played it at every show on the current tour. No doubt will dropped next summer...

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

was VERY pleased to hear that one finally this year at Wembley. That was a great night, probably my joint favourite show with Manchester 2016. I keep listening back to it as I downloaded it from the store. Seeds and Youngstown were other highlights

Yeah - great show.  Helped by the fact that we had a great group and some Glastonbury leftovers on the go so we went a bit cray cray. Opened up a pit during Badlands.

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I got majorly lucky, I hadn't worked out how to make the Co Op app work so missed out there, but someone sent me a mailing list presale code, I tried it mid afternoon and there were just randomly a couple of rows of floor seats left right in the middle! Same price as Springsteen today for a similar area. I think the only other one I'd pay that sort of price for from the older crowd is U2

As an FYI for future, in the Coop the floor seats are probably not as good as the ones on the side stands...visibility isn't any better, just more expensive...not pissing on yer chips - it will still be boss x

Edited by Superscally

19 minutes ago, Superscally said:

As an FYI for future, in the Coop the floor seats are probably not as good as the ones on the side stands...visibility isn't any better, just more expensive...not pissing on yer chips - it will still be boss x

Its more the atmosphere for me, I like being surrounded by the crowd, and being in the middle of the sound if that makes sense. I'd 100% be standing if it was an option 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Decent, there is more than demand by the looks of things

Just now, Badlands said:

Twickets had plenty of this years shows listed but the prices didn’t drop much 

Cheers guys. Would be happy with face value, just can't commit yet...

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Its more the atmosphere for me, I like being surrounded by the crowd, and being in the middle of the sound if that makes sense. I'd 100% be standing if it was an option 

The sound there is ace. We were rear middle for Eagles and was boss. In the gods for Macca and not worried in slightest, though I would be contemplating not going if that was the 02

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

The sound there is ace. We were rear middle for Eagles and was boss. In the gods for Macca and not worried in slightest, though I would be contemplating not going if that was the 02

We did Eagles there too, probably a couple of blocks to the side of you as we were on the corner. Such a good venue, though I'm out for any Saturday shows due to no later running trains and no guarantee of a 10.30 finish til the day. Means Keane are a no for me next week when I was planning to go, and looks like we'll have to sell our Kasabian tickets. Its just about possible, but stressful, and means we basically have to run back to the station and start leaving before the end.

42 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

The one classic I've never caught in 13 shows over 30 years is Backstreets. Has played it at every show on the current tour. No doubt will dropped next summer...

I'm actually tempted to do a statistical analysis to find out how that's even possible.

I reckon I've seen it at more than 50% of the similar number of shows I've seen. And several of those weren't even ESB shows.

14 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Cheers guys. Would be happy with face value, just can't commit yet...

I’ve bought two seats without any confidence I can actually go, I’ll only be looking for face if I can get the ducks in a row. I’ll try and remember to give you a shout 

58 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Aye, had the presales and everything. Got through but every time you went to drop in the basket, somebody snaffled 'em first.

As for a "hit-list", so to speak, my five never-heard chasers are:

I'm Goin' Down

Jungleland

Lucky Town

One Step Up

Radio Nowhere

The chance of landing any of those seems slim, but with three dates in the UK and the - current - tour closer in Milan, I may hopefully grab one.

As I've said before, very fortunate to be in this position.

30 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm actually tempted to do a statistical analysis to find out how that's even possible.

I reckon I've seen it at more than 50% of the similar number of shows I've seen. And several of those weren't even ESB shows.

Many thanks, that prompted me to check out the first show I saw Bruce play, Edinburgh Playhouse 1981:

Set I

Prove It All Night

Out in the Street

The Ties That Bind

Darkness on the Edge of Town

Two Hearts

Who'll Stop the Rain

The Promised Land

This Land Is Your Land

The River

Badlands

Thunder Road

Set II

Cadillac Ranch

Sherry Darling

Hungry Heart

Because the Night

You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)

Racing in the Street

Point Blank

Candy's Room

Ramrod

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Encore:

Born to Run

Detroit Medley

Rockin' All Over the World

28 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

As for a "hit-list", so to speak, my five never-heard chasers are:

I'm Goin' Down

Jungleland

Lucky Town

One Step Up

Radio Nowhere

The chance of landing any of those seems slim, but with three dates in the UK and the - current - tour closer in Milan, I may hopefully grab one.

As I've said before, very fortunate to be in this position.

Ah Radio Nowhere, Magic was out just as I was properly getting into Springsteen so good memories of that album. Lucky enough to see that song at Glastonbury of all places!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, incident said:

According to setlist.fm, played 612 times in 2936 shows. 

I don't know the maths to say what chances are of going to 13 shows and still missing it, but... slim. It's one of my favourites too, so here's hoping.

On the other hand, I got to witness TV Movie, which has only ever been performed once...

Probably the ultimate win though is seeing NYC Serenade with string section.