Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

NorthernSoul52

14 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Stonker of a set that. I've seen 

Prove It All Night, Out in the Street, The Ties That Bind, Two Hearts, The Promised Land, The River, Badlands, Thunder Road, Sherry Darling, Hungry Heart, Because the Night, You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch), Racing in the Street and Born to Run from that bunch.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Ah Radio Nowhere, Magic was out just as I was properly getting into Springsteen so good memories of that album. Lucky enough to see that song at Glastonbury of all places!

It's been very spare in recent years. Think they save it for when Jay Weinberg steps out, because it's reportedly his fave to play with them.

Jungleland is the white whale, absolutely, but any of those others would be delights.

On the other hand, my first three shows were Leeds '13, Coventry '16 and Gothenburg #2 '23, which means I've nabbed Secret GardenDrive All Night and Racing in the Street. I've done exceptionally well.

Dublin '24 - if anyone was there this year - was just all the choons.

27 minutes ago, The Nal said:

First Boss gig I saw. My gig going "career" defo split into a before and after with this gig. Had never seen anything like it.

image.thumb.png.7af29e17e96f658d2a1089cdb5305d22.png

Out of reactions, but sweet lord on a motorbike with a sidecar.

That does some stuff to a man.

5 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Not to be that guy, but well, this was the best i saw...

image.thumb.png.ed3766263dffb961aa609f9e2e4db1a5.png

The night they had planned to play The Wild, the Innocent & The E Street Shuffle in full... until Bruce pulled the sign for Kitty's Back and it went out the window. I had a ticket for that show, but ended up unable to afford to make the trip, so went and saw Clutch that night instead (who were great) but I was raging when I saw they'd played Side 2. I'm still chasing full band Incident... 

2 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

The night they had planned to play The Wild, the Innocent & The E Street Shuffle in full... until Bruce pulled the sign for Kitty's Back and it went out the window. I had a ticket for that show, but ended up unable to afford to make the trip, so went and saw Clutch that night instead (who were great) but I was raging when I saw they'd played Side 2. I'm still chasing full band Incident... 

I heard about the plans afterwards. It's my favourite album so would love to hear it in full. That said, on the night, as each song appeared it was so unexpected, and even after Rosie, the idea we'd get NYC Serenade was unthinkable.

In terms of setlist, I think Dublin '24 might be my personal all-timer, but the Leeds '13 remains my peak show.

That said, think all five times are up there among the best I've ever seen. Gothenburg #2 in '23 is the lowest of the bunch, but even then, it's still terrific.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Stop, stop, he's already dead!

Leeds '13 is the benchmark. Nothing's ever come close. My life genuinely hinges before and after that day.

I went to that one too! At the time I wasn't quite as big on the really rare stuff but I could tell it was a big one based on the reaction of the people around me. Was the only indoor show of that tour, as Manchester is this time... (X3 but still) 

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

For the fact it'd include Jungleland and it's my favourite album of his, I'd love Born to Run in full. 

Also remembered that My Hometown is one I'd love to see live too. My dad's is Born in the USA which I have seen, but I hope he gets it on our gig next year 

I got My Hometown in Dublin this year. Tour debut for this leg, I think - the Mayor of Freehold, NJ had flown over for it, hence why it was reeled out.

Also got an electric Reason to Believe which felt like it was going to be rare, but then repeated a good few times across the rest of the year. Saw it at Wembley Stadium again.

And, of course, closed out Dublin with A Rainy Night in Soho. Probably one of the hundred best songs ever written - will stand on that hill - so to hear my favourite artist give it the beans was a proper weepy moment.

But Jungleland is the massive white whale. Part of me hopes that because it will be a third leg in Europe, he cuts further away from the set shape of the show, but we'll see.

22 minutes ago, henry bear said:

My first Bruce gig was on that tour too

IMG_1512.jpeg

Mine was the last night of that Earls Court stand... the last gig I did with the Concert Travel Company, coach and ticket deals were great for those of us in the south west. No idea how you guys got setlist.fm to embed here... 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/1999/earls-court-london-england-3d63d03.html

Edited by Dark Star

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

As for a "hit-list", so to speak, my five never-heard chasers are:

I'm Goin' Down

Jungleland

Lucky Town

One Step Up

Radio Nowhere

The chance of landing any of those seems slim, but with three dates in the UK and the - current - tour closer in Milan, I may hopefully grab one.

As I've said before, very fortunate to be in this position.

Absolutely no chance he doesn't play Jungleland at Milan #2. 

I'm extremely lucky and got Jungleland at my first Bruce show. Not since, though

54 minutes ago, henry bear said:

My first Bruce gig was on that tour too

IMG_1512.jpeg

My first as well. As a 19 year old, I felt like the youngest person in the room by about 15 years.

Feels like the demographic has widened significantly since then, and certainly over the last 10 years or so.

51 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

This will be my first Bruce gig, I hope it worth it. 

Know there's been a lot of gripes among long-time gig-goers for the lack of variation in shows, but honestly, if it's your first time, it's a setlist that has mostly got a high percentage of absolute crackers in there. The seven-song closing streak that's mostly existed in the main set would be an all-timer run if it just popped up on any old night before this run.

7 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Put it this way - there's a reason most of the people in this thread are spending hundreds to see him for upwards of the 10th time. You'll love it.

Preach.

Not sure there is anybody I would drop more money on. Depends on the context - like that final Midnight Oil gig in Sydney. (I didn't go, I was living in the UK at the time.)

If I'd known that was going to be a 220-minute show, I'd have dropped both kidneys on the counter for it.