Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

NorthernSoul52

Yeah, I will concur with that. And I understand that its position as CC's signature song means he doesn't reel it out that often.

But at the same time, he's not played it in Europe over two years. That's very rare.

It saw a reasonable amount of mileage in 2016 and 2017. Would love to see it come back.

I'll also strongly disagree - Backstreets hasn't lost any of its power for me in three shows over the past two years, but then again, I never saw it before then. 

19 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

The special thing about Jungleland for me is the fact that you know if you're hearing it, Bruce is basically saying "this has been a great show and you've been a great audience".

I'd hate to see it played at every show.

I feel like it watered down Backstreets, for example.

Is that the case though? I've seen it twice and I wouldn't say it felt like he was playing it for that reason, it was just part of the setlist.

What you're implying is that he thought 95% of the 2023 / 2024 shows weren't great and didn't have great audiences.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yeah, I will concur with that. And I understand that its position as CC's signature song means he doesn't reel it out that often.

But at the same time, he's not played it in Europe over two years. That's very rare.

It saw a reasonable amount of mileage in 2016 and 2017. Would love to see it come back.

I'll also strongly disagree - Backstreets hasn't lost any of its power for me in three shows over the past two years, but then again, I never saw it before then. 

Agree with you about Backstreets. If anything it's placement over the past two years has made it feel even more special. To go from being a relative rarity to having a prominent place every show makes it very special.

"Until the ennnd..."

Christ, it still gets me just thinking about it.

Edited by judyblue110

7 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

"Until the ennnd..."

Christ, it still gets me just thinking about it.

I've seen him do the speech about carrying George in his pocket three times now, and it is the emotional high-point of the show on a narrative level, for me without a doubt.

I'd possibly say it was my moment of the night at Gothenburg #2 last year. I heard Racing in the Street for the first time there, but they butchered the outro and listening back, it was a bit of a mess. Conversely, the version at Wembley #1 this year was pretty much pinpoint perfect.