Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

NorthernSoul52

1 minute ago, Dark Star said:

Bruce Inc. have done the zero expense spared approach with this. It's just the tracks available via Nugs.net with no extra work done. Random selection of shows that things have been taken from too. 

Usually the case for a lot of their The Live Series releases too though. No need for extra fuss.

no Jens Wildman on an E-Fests Bruce thread??!! 

loved scrolling through these. Concur with @The Nal on the first Bruce gig you see being something that you never forget...and the challenge of getting some gems to show up in your set lists. I keep spreadsheet of my Bruce gigs and songs and at 22 gigs, I only have 6 Junglelands, 1 Racing In The Street, only 2 Backstreets (and one of those was as part of full album show, so really just 1 unique appearance) 3 Tunnel of Loves...

Attaching 3 special gigs here w/ setlists for 2 of them

my first/1985 - his first Wembley Stadium gig, opening night of 3 - July 3rd '85 - mind-blowing... and the dour-sounding 'Nebraska' stuff sounded incredible, Max's drums on Atlantic City I can still remember. I saw him at Giants Stadium (NJ Meadowlands) later that summer (Aug 19) which was incredible still (and some from that specific gig made it onto Live 75-85) but without the 'first time' experience/shock that Wembley had...

2003 - He did 10 nights at Giants Stadium and I was fortunate to get #9, which many rate as the best of the lot

2016 - Final night of 3 at the 'new' Meadowlands stadium, now Met Life, all 3 nights were superb (I recommend buying the set from Nugs if you want about 12 hrs of Bruce from NJ)...As @The Nal says about the recent years' tour, I think 7, 8 years is a long time gone and while they're still a great live experience the years do add up...He was on a roll here in 2016 finishing his tour...were these the last 'great' E Street Band gigs? 

I've been fortunate to catch some significant shows too 

Macca curfew appearance at Hyde Park 2012...I thought the sound wasn't great whole gig, quiet...fella a few people in front of me ruined the opening by singing Thunder Road in full throat by himself while we've have preferred to hear Bruce clearly from the stage...

Dylan showed up at my Shea Stadium gig (Oct 4, 2003) for Highway 61 Revisited 

3 albums in full - the original River show at Madison Square Garden (months after Glastonbury), Born In the USA at the final ever show at Giants Stadium, Born To Run about a week or so earlier same venue

Glastonbury + Broadway 

Hope you all enjoy the 2025 shows...

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/12/2024 at 2:35 AM, CharlotteB said:

I really like Bruce but I've resisted getting tickets during this tour just because his Glasto appearance was so epic and special to me that I don't think any following experience would live up to it. I'd only see him again if he did Glasto again, I think.

Thrilled to read this because the Glasto set gets maligned on here by some. It' still one of my favorite experiences because of it being at my favourite place, right up front in the Pyramid pit, a few hours after seeing him cameo in the John Peel tent, my favourite Glasto year too. I thought he was terrific, just the timing was bad with an awful album just out with an awful & long track that he hadn't dropped yet from the setlist 'Outlaw Pete'...but still a night I'll never forget

But do go see him elsewhere! 

41 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

Thrilled to read this because the Glasto set gets maligned on here by some. It' still one of my favorite experiences because of it being at my favourite place, right up front in the Pyramid pit, a few hours after seeing him cameo in the John Peel tent, my favourite Glasto year too. I thought he was terrific, just the timing was bad with an awful album just out with an awful & long track that he hadn't dropped yet from the setlist 'Outlaw Pete'...but still a night I'll never forget

I feel about WOAD the way you feel about his Glasto set, never really understood the hate for it.

I'd love to hear any of the WOAD tracks live again, pretty unlikely though.

47 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

I'm glad I got to see my favourite artist/band on my favourite stage of all. That 2009 tour really didn't find its feet until they put the full album segment in. He was clearly struggling with an album that didn't translate well to live performance and still feeling a need to play songs from it. Outlaw Pete and Working On A Dream were both crowd killers, I was toward the back of the pit and the chat volume skyrocketed. I wish they'd release the audio from the show on Nugs if only so we can get the Joe Strummer cover in good quality. That was an inspired choice, albeit a bit obscure perhaps.