2027 Headliners

chew the fat

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Has Ariana Grande ever been in the conversation - seems to be an act you would have thought would be on the G's radar. 

crap pop imo that lacks much critical value that the recent pop headliners have had

maybe people would disagree but firmly in the 'no chance' territory i think, at least to headline. 3rd down pyramid they'd 100% book her if she wanted to do it

agree with northernsoul ^, katy perry esque booking

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I seem to recall there was Grande talk at one point.

It's weird. I've kind of always gauged her at the Katy Perry level, which means I've never quite had her in the talk before, so to speak.

If you go see Wicked at the cinema, you'll get to see if she can immerse herself into a role.

It's been a repeat trailer pretty much every time I've been this year even though it wasn't scheduled to come out before November, so I'm aware of it.

5 hours ago, gfa said:

crap pop imo that lacks much critical value that the recent pop headliners have had

maybe people would disagree but firmly in the 'no chance' territory i think, at least to headline. 3rd down pyramid they'd 100% book her if she wanted to do it

agree with northernsoul ^, katy perry esque booking

I think there was once was a moment it could've worked but I'm not sure if that's been and gone and maybe now she's a pop star better suited for her own gigs (or a BST Hyde Park).

Everyone clamoring for Ariana post Manchester and then when everything wasnt looking so good you threw her to the wayside. She can still sing obviously. And itll have to wait til the second part of Wicked is out so its got a chance.  She has a deep catalog with songs you sneakily know but of course somehow isnt on the level.

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

If you go see Wicked at the cinema, you'll get to see if she can immerse herself into a role.

It's been a repeat trailer pretty much every time I've been this year even though it wasn't scheduled to come out before November, so I'm aware of it.

Defying gravity, innit. 

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Everyone clamoring for Ariana post Manchester and then when everything wasnt looking so good you threw her to the wayside. She can still sing obviously. And itll have to wait til the second part of Wicked is out so its got a chance.  She has a deep catalog with songs you sneakily know but of course somehow isnt on the level.

Oh yes, we loved her after the bombing but now we don't really care. 

Do you actually think about what you post? 

On 10/15/2024 at 10:10 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I still don't think Fontaines will get to the level, but... part of me wonders how it will go.

I think Fontaines DC and Fender will headline over the years of 2027/28. In fairness given Fontaines DC tour is this year into next with a big show, 2027 is probably more likely for them. Fender doing 2025 for first shows by the looks of it potentially takes him further into 2026 making him more likely for a 28 show. Given Fender last album was 2021, I don't see him having a 2025 album then again in 2027, he'll still be strong for 28 which is my prediction, whereas DC are the options to grab in 27 along with I think it'll be Chappell Roan and potentially Chase and Status if they keep their momentum.

Chase & Status peaked last summer with Baddadan - there's no way they are keeping up the momentum until 2027.

They currently have a sold out arena (except Glasgow which has sold poorly for some reason + some singles in manchester) with a single date at about 7 cities. Are they really going further than this, the hype will cool off.

They need at least 2 more baddadan level singles to get to a point where they can even be considered for glasto headliner - and even then it still seems silly.

Apropos of nothing outside of the fact he's on shuffle, do have the strange sense that if he is to have a second crack soon, Sheeran could be on the cards for this.

Ten years since he last headlined, likely takes 2026 off and then prepares to soft-launch the next album during 2027. A Glasto headline slot in the vein of Arctic Monkeys in 2013 - the hits with a few new songs - might appeal to both booker and artist.

24 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I mean, Backbone has been in the top ten for nine weeks now. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

Yeah fair, still need a fair bit more though to get to pyramid headline

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

More likely that they headline the Other this year.

Agreed - take it now or risk dropping off before being able to do it in 2027, let alone growing bigger (almost certain)

8 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Apropos of nothing outside of the fact he's on shuffle, do have the strange sense that if he is to have a second crack soon, Sheeran could be on the cards for this.

Ten years since he last headlined, likely takes 2026 off and then prepares to soft-launch the next album during 2027. A Glasto headline slot in the vein of Arctic Monkeys in 2013 - the hits with a few new songs - might appeal to both booker and artist.

Sadly you are right. There was a rumour for him in 2025 i swear

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno about them dropping off too much - they've headlined Other before.

They dropped down heaps in size before their big comeback in the past 2-3 years. They were definitely not other headline size 5 years ago