So, I saw this (see photo in post) and wondered what's the worst thing people on here have seen at Glastonbury?

Yoghurt on a Stick

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Slightly offtopic, but i've worked in Psychiatry for sixteen years- in an acute admissions ward - and have had hundreds of dealings with people with drug-induced psychosis - a bad trip, essentially - and i'm quite desensitised to that kind of screaming these days, its unfortunately a fairly regular sound. Can definitely see how it'd be a horrible thing to hear out of the blue, while at your favourite place, surrounded by nothing but loveliness on the whole. Restraining a broken arm is a right bugger as well.

The worst thing i've seen at a festival would be a fella on presumably Ketamin, who decided to sit in a lit fire pit. his mates and me grabbed him by the arms and dragged him out in a matter of seconds, and his boardies had started to melt and attach themselves to his skin - FMS rocked up and took him off, but that didnt look like a lot of fun at all.

Might run through the worst thing i;ve seen on a psych ward later, but it does need a cast-iron stomach 😄

I can't imagine ever getting used to that.  It was such a primal, gut wrenching sound.  My adrenaline spiked instantly and I was in fight or flight mode in a split second.  Took me ages to calm down.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, sfroml said:

I'm intrigued.... (I've also previously worked on a psych ward 😄)

Yes! 👍  And a warning to people if you're reading this post, it may not be all that pleasant so read on at your peril. 

we had a fella in who was very unwell, and was on Within Eyesight obs. You'll know, and most people can guess, precisely what that entails - you're assigned a patient for the hour, and you go everywhere with them, and keep them in your sight in case they look like self harming, harming others, abscond, make themselves vulnerable to being assaulted, basically stick to them and make sure they are still here at the end of the hour, when you hand them on to the next member of staff. So toilets, bedrooms, nowhere is off limits. 

This fella is lying on his bed, i'm on a chair in his doorway, and he decides to crank one out. Not unusual, lots of people do, and its not something that particularly bothers me as long as they're not staring at me while they do it. He reaches the natural conclusion, and cums all over his bedsheets. 

He subsequently bends over the bedsheets, and licks up the produce.

I think jeez, that really might be the worst thing i've ever seen.

But then he vomits - and i press my alert button for some assistance here - and then licks up the vomit/cum mix, and that really is the worst thing i've ever seen.

He had a lovely old time of it, and my colleagues were a bit perturbed at me summoning them to witness it. The casenotes were fun to write! He got well, and was discharged a week or so later, and he hasnt been admitted since!  

I work with adults with Learning Disabilities and behaviours that challenge. 
The funniest I’ve had was someone chasing me around the house, twirling a catheter bag round his head like a lasso, shouting” I’m going to get you Tarw, you’re having my piss”. 
Didn’t know whether to run or laugh my head off. I did both

43 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Yes! 👍  And a warning to people if you're reading this post, it may not be all that pleasant so read on at your peril. 

we had a fella in who was very unwell, and was on Within Eyesight obs. You'll know, and most people can guess, precisely what that entails - you're assigned a patient for the hour, and you go everywhere with them, and keep them in your sight in case they look like self harming, harming others, abscond, make themselves vulnerable to being assaulted, basically stick to them and make sure they are still here at the end of the hour, when you hand them on to the next member of staff. So toilets, bedrooms, nowhere is off limits. 

This fella is lying on his bed, i'm on a chair in his doorway, and he decides to crank one out. Not unusual, lots of people do, and its not something that particularly bothers me as long as they're not staring at me while they do it. He reaches the natural conclusion, and cums all over his bedsheets. 

He subsequently bends over the bedsheets, and licks up the produce.

I think jeez, that really might be the worst thing i've ever seen.

But then he vomits - and i press my alert button for some assistance here - and then licks up the vomit/cum mix, and that really is the worst thing i've ever seen.

He had a lovely old time of it, and my colleagues were a bit perturbed at me summoning them to witness it. The casenotes were fun to write! He got well, and was discharged a week or so later, and he hasnt been admitted since!  

Thanks for that.

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Slightly offtopic, but i've worked in Psychiatry for sixteen years- in an acute admissions ward - and have had hundreds of dealings with people with drug-induced psychosis - a bad trip, essentially - and i'm quite desensitised to that kind of screaming these days, its unfortunately a fairly regular sound. Can definitely see how it'd be a horrible thing to hear out of the blue, while at your favourite place, surrounded by nothing but loveliness on the whole. Restraining a broken arm is a right bugger as well.

The worst thing i've seen at a festival would be a fella on presumably Ketamin, who decided to sit in a lit fire pit. his mates and me grabbed him by the arms and dragged him out in a matter of seconds, and his boardies had started to melt and attach themselves to his skin - FMS rocked up and took him off, but that didnt look like a lot of fun at all.

Might run through the worst thing i;ve seen on a psych ward later, but it does need a cast-iron stomach 😄

One of my mates was a psychiatric nurse. Anyway, one night we desperately needed some dope late at night. I asked him if he knew anyone we could sort it with, as I didn't have anyone that I could contact at that time. He said that he did know someone but in order to get to him (a patient) we'd have to somehow break into a psychiatric unit ( All Saints' Hospital, Winson Green). I said it was too much hassle, so we went without. I note (from Wicki) that the asylum was run by the Birmingham Lunatic Asylum Committee from 1845 to 1948. There's many who would argue that their scope should have included the whole population of Birmingham.

6 hours ago, Henrik said:

Wasn't Glastonbury, but I will tell this story anyway as this is without a doubt the worst thing I have ever seen at a festival. Actually, it's the worst thing I have ever seen anywhere. 

Reading Festival (around 2000 or 2001). I walked around a corner to see that a Portaloo had been pushed over onto its front. A few kids were running around laughing, and a crowd was starting to gather. Then I heard screams coming from inside.  Security were there very quickly, and they began to lift the Portaloo back upright. As they lifted it, the door opened, and what spilled out has been forever burned into my mind. Some poor guy rolled out, followed by an unspeakable runny mess. It was truly awful. The guy jumped up screaming, but he was covered from head to toe, and it was pouring off him. The smell was horrendous. No one wanted to go anywhere near him, so he just staggered around, screaming. Eventually, an ambulance showed up and took him away. I still think about this all the time. It really affected me. 

Since that incident I have never seen a toilet at a festival that wasn't stood up against a wall or fence. They never used to be. They would be dotted around all over the place. I think there must have been a meeting or something. 

That's a wicked thing to do to anyone. 

I once opened a turdis door ( at Nostock festival) and saw a young teenager girl snorting a white line off the not very clean toilet seat. I mean 'Why? Just why?' ,Mind you she won that night's 'Hard Core' competition.,

2 hours ago, tarw said:

I work with adults with Learning Disabilities and behaviours that challenge. 
The funniest I’ve had was someone chasing me around the house, twirling a catheter bag round his head like a lasso, shouting” I’m going to get you Tarw, you’re having my piss”. 
Didn’t know whether to run or laugh my head off. I did both

I pulled up my car once (next to a sandwich shop in Coventry, where I worked at the time) and in doing so, drove over a full catheter bag that someone had thrown into the gutter. It sprayed human sh*t all over the one side of my car. The smell was staggering, and cleaning it off not very nice - to say the least.