Electronic music on the Pyramid

Beaver89

There simply aren’t any/ many stadium filling dance acts. And the biggest ones are happy to play Arcadia etc (Calvin Harris).

Generally you need to be that sort of size to headline the Pyramid.

Therefore they often headline the Other, Arcadia, Woodies or West Holts instead.

Don’t think it’s rocket science 

14 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

There simply aren’t any/ many stadium filling dance acts. And the biggest ones are happy to play Arcadia etc (Calvin Harris).

Generally you need to be that sort of size to headline the Pyramid.

Therefore they often headline the Other, Arcadia, Woodies or West Holts instead.

Don’t think it’s rocket science 

Generally they aren't happy to play Arcadia, Calvin only did it to get his mates tickets

Most of the other big ones, Swedish House Mafia, david guetta, martin garrix etc etc have zero interest in the glasto paycheck.

On 10/11/2024 at 5:17 PM, incident said:

They traded half an hour on the (major stages) curfew for a few decibels in the late 00s, yes. They also used to have much shorter changeovers, and now schedule in a 15 minute buffer at the end in case acts overrun. - it used to be pretty normal for subs to start at about 9pm, so starting in the daylight and finishing in the dark, but the combined effect of all those changes means that they're now usually starting a full hour or more earlier than they used to and finishing whilst it's still daylight.

I watched Blurs headline set from 1998 a while back when they came on it was dark!...so I did some digging and saw that they came on stage at 11pm!

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

There's only 2 electronic acts who can headline the Pyramid, one will do it next year, the other have hung up their headphones. 

The rest either aren't big enough, or don't fit the Glasto vibe eg Guetta 

I didn't realise the vengabus had parked up for good, mighty shame that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waltere said:

Plenty of fairly weighty rumours flying around that Fred Again is gonna headline next year

Isn't it still just one rumour, that people tend to believe?

(Not saying I doubt it - just that I'm not aware of much new of substance beyond the initial claims from a couple months ago)

1 minute ago, incident said:

Isn't it still just one rumour, that people tend to believe?

(Not saying I doubt it - just that I'm not aware of much new of substance beyond the initial claims from a couple months ago)

You could well be right tbf, I've lost track a bit on the Fred front of "new" info vs. what gets repeated often enough to be taken as fact. Either way, I'd bet very good money that's who was being referred to