Kids in recent years

becs94

Now the ticket sale date has been announced me and my partner have been debating whether or not we bite the bullet and take my stepson (he'll be almost 9 by the time Glasto rolls around).

I've attended Glastonbury on and off since I was a teenager and when I was younger I always said if I have kids one day I'd 100% take them but now I'm a bit on the fence. I last attended in 2023 after not having attended since 2017. I'm not sure if it's just me turning into an old fart but I noticed there felt a shift in demographics which makes me hesitant. It just felt a lot more claustraphoic, drug fuelled, and the crows felt more hostile but then I can't say I spent any time in the areas aimed at families. 

We've been feeling the Glastonbury itch after a year off and debating whether to try for tickets. We know my stepson wants to go so we'd feel guilty leaving him at home but I'm just conscious of people's experiences bringing kids in recent years after reading some negative experiences on reddit - kids struggling with crowds, queues, parents receiving nasty judgemental comments from fellow punters etc. 

I understand bringing a kid would vastly change the experience - I expect we'd spend a lot of time in the kidz field and a lot less time at stages! This doesn't bother me, if anything I'd be quite excited to experience Glastonbury from a different perspective! 

Does anyone have experience of bringing kids in recent years since they've upped the capacity? 

We go with a family who take two kids with them one primary school age and one just started secondary school.

It is a blast with them and the kids really make it.  You obviously have to cut your cloth accordingly but don’t let it put you off.  Embrace it.

They spend loads of time at the stages.

Edited by Derby_Dave
  • Upvote 1