Chappell Roan - chance of glasto 2025 performance?

Claire0406

We've had this discussion in our household.

Saturday afternoon on Other would be my guess.

Off the top of my head, Billie Eilish, Lewis Capaldi, Lady Gaga.... it's a great stepping stone for someone like Chappell Roan, although I suspect that her rapid rise would already warrant a Pyramid set.

Who knows, I think it's highly likely that she's playing somewhere.

50 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

We've had this discussion in our household.

Saturday afternoon on Other would be my guess.

Off the top of my head, Billie Eilish, Lewis Capaldi, Lady Gaga.... it's a great stepping stone for someone like Chappell Roan, although I suspect that her rapid rise would already warrant a Pyramid set.

Who knows, I think it's highly likely that she's playing somewhere.

She's well past an afternoon Other slot at this point - that would be her slot if booked for this year (well it would be lower but she'd have been moved there)

Next year, would be 3rd/2nd pyramid or other headline

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - Reading & Leeds.

I reckon she could do both still

I know it breaks tradition as she's expected to be 2nd headline at reading and the fests don't share normally - however she's a new act that hasn't played anywhere yet so them sharing seems more likely. the reading 2nd headliner slot also hasn't been along that long and glasto would be great promo for her. would be mad not to do both if possible and with melvin benn working with glasto at the moment perhaps he'd allow it

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

Does she actually have enough material to fill an Other headline slot?  I think her status warrants a Pyramid slot, but the fact she's only got the one album to draw from suggests 2nd or 3rd billing to me.

her festival sets are 50 mins right now. Her solo show is just over an hour. She has 3 new songs which do get played so she isnt short on material. And she has some covers. She doesnt do encores fyi so a set can go by real fast that way. If she played Glasto or even R&L then a new album will be on the horizon or more songs finished and inserted into the setlist. I doubt you could put her at Other Stage to headline. Aint no way. You will have it worse than Avril by a long shot with the crowd. So a Pyramid sub or 3rd at worst is likely it. Megan Thee Stallion when she headlined Other Stage had 75 minutes. Whats the issue?

6 hours ago, gfa said:

She's well past an afternoon Other slot at this point - that would be her slot if booked for this year (well it would be lower but she'd have been moved there)

Next year, would be 3rd/2nd pyramid or other headline

I reckon she could do both still

I know it breaks tradition as she's expected to be 2nd headline at reading and the fests don't share normally - however she's a new act that hasn't played anywhere yet so them sharing seems more likely. the reading 2nd headliner slot also hasn't been along that long and glasto would be great promo for her. would be mad not to do both if possible and with melvin benn working with glasto at the moment perhaps he'd allow it

Her current sets are 1hr 10/15, I don’t think she's going to get that length here at Glastonbury in my opinion for a festival set. If I'm wrong, then she'll get sub in the same vein as Disclosure/Foals did when they did both Glastonbury and Reading. I wouldn't want her taking a sub slot from say Halsey though. My hunch is she won't be at Glastonbury.

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

The mad sizes of the crowds over in America at their festivals indicate it has to be Pyramid. They'll learn from the Avril situation as this will be a much bigger crowd than even that 

I don't think her America size make a difference. Avril doesn't got a huge crowd here but not everywhere she plays in the states is huge, she's Canadian remember.

If she doesn't either (a) have a meltdown or (b) get pissed off with the industry and chalk f**k on it, then every chance.

Reckon her star is still ascending and she's already a huge deal so it would probably need to be a Pyramid slot.  3rd down would be my guess.  Maybe sub??

19 hours ago, Suprefan said:

her festival sets are 50 mins right now. Her solo show is just over an hour. She has 3 new songs which do get played so she isnt short on material. And she has some covers. She doesnt do encores fyi so a set can go by real fast that way. If she played Glasto or even R&L then a new album will be on the horizon or more songs finished and inserted into the setlist. I doubt you could put her at Other Stage to headline. Aint no way. You will have it worse than Avril by a long shot with the crowd. So a Pyramid sub or 3rd at worst is likely it. Megan Thee Stallion when she headlined Other Stage had 75 minutes. Whats the issue?

I feel she could only sub a colossus. Chappell into Fred or Sam would be WEIRD. Chappell into Stevie Wonder or (MANIFEST MANIFEST MANIFEST) Fleetwood Mac could turn out to be the greatest Pyramid double act of all time when we look back in 20 years...

12 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah I think they may have missed the boat here. She has obviously exploded in popularity and if the co-headline at R&L is true then I doubt she plays. 2024 mid other like O rod and Billie would have worked as mentioned.

What's this R&L rumour?,

30 minutes ago, stuie said:

Where’s this info from please? 

Won't be saying that I'm afraid. I only share info on here when it's come from a certain place. Shouldn't really be sharing it at all.

There for anyone to take it or leave it, as ever, don't think I've been wrong with anything yet though (if I am, I'll hold my hands up).

• Upvote 1