Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Companies House Changes

AFJM78

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Hi Yog thanks for the congratulations! 

Sorry to hear about your familial woes. Money is the root cause of much evil. 

But i agree, not all rich people are c**ts. What is rich anyway? Compared to someone with nothing, I am rich. Compared to most, I am not rich.

But whether I am rich or not, I pay my taxes without complaint. 

There is something incredibly grubby to see the founding family of Glastonbury desperately shuffling their paper work to avoid paying a few extra quid in tax. Very sad to see indeed. 

It's not really the money that I am after. I'm not a greedy man (except when it comes to alcohol and drug consumption). What I want is to know if my dad truly loved me, or not. I think next Tuesday evening will bring some clarity to that. 

Your point about paying the right taxes is the correct one. I do know that my mom and dad didn't swerve on those fronts. They didn't do so because they knew that taxes pay for the hospitals, schools, roads, etc etc. 

My wife nearly had to have her left arm amputated as a result of an NHS error. She had it in black and white that they had f**ked up and f**ked up bad. She wouldn't sue the NHS because she knew that they self insure, and that any gain made by her would be at the cost of treatment for many other people. The NHS saved my life twice, so I was with her on that one. 

Oh, I'm sure you know but benefit fiddles are absolutely nothing compared to tax avoidance by companies. Yet the Government(s) go after the benefit fiddlers rather than the huger block of tax avoiders. It's scandalous. 

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

My wife is in that boat. Luckily its all good on my side.

I wish that she receives fairness. However, as russy says - money is the root of all evil. 

That said, i do like the quote that a Texas oil billionaire once said. He said 'Money can't buy you happiness, but with my kind of money you can rent it'!

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Do you pay more tax than you have to just to feel more community minded?  Or do you just do what's required? 

I pay all my tax and don't employ accountants to help me avoid my obligations. It's a c**ts trick. 

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's not really the money that I am after. I'm not a greedy man (except when it comes to alcohol and drug consumption). What I want is to know if my dad truly loved me, or not. I think next Tuesday evening will bring some clarity to that. 

Your point about paying the right taxes is the correct one. I do know that my mom and dad didn't swerve on those fronts. They didn't do so because they knew that taxes pay for the hospitals, schools, roads, etc etc. 

My wife nearly had to have her left arm amputated as a result of an NHS error. She had it in black and white that they had f**ked up and f**ked up bad. She wouldn't sue the NHS because she knew that they self insure, and that any gain made by her would be at the cost of treatment for many other people. The NHS saved my life twice, so I was with her on that one. 

Oh, I'm sure you know but benefit fiddles are absolutely nothing compared to tax avoidance by companies. Yet the Government(s) go after the benefit fiddlers rather than the huger block of tax avoiders. It's scandalous. 

I hope you get the outcome you hope for on Tuesday. I very much admire your wife's stance.

Regarding benefit fiddlers, benefits are so grotesquely low, I've got no problem whatsoever with people fiddling the system. You have to fiddle to survive. 

It's millionaires making trusts and the like that I object to. Especially those who market themselves as champions of the needy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I pay all my tax and don't employ accountants to help me avoid my obligations. It's a c**ts trick. 

You'll need to point out how they're trying to avoid their tax obligations.  Most people with their own company or who are self employed have accountants. 

Assuming you're on PAYE, if your work payroll put you on the wrong tax code by mistake and you suddenly found your take home far less than it should be -  would you:

a) try and change it to what it should be or

b) just suck it up?

47 minutes ago, russycarps said:

You should probably google "business relief for inheritance tax".

In short - unless they've got wind of upcoming (and what would have to be very fundamental) rule changes in the budget, and are doing this to get ahead of that, this is very unlikely to be tax avoidance / evasion - as (under the current rules) the shares being transferred would be eligible for 100% relief for inheritance tax (ie not pay it).

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

benefits are so grotesquely low, I've got no problem whatsoever with people fiddling the system. You have to fiddle to survive. 

Tesco's profit for the 2023/24 financial year was £2.83 billion. And yet they still squeal like babies about shop lifters. It's that kind of stock of people who boil my piss.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Tesco's profit for the 2023/24 financial year was £2.83 billion. And yet they still squeal like babies about shop lifters. It's that kind of stock of people who boil my piss.

And the £3 meal deal has massively increased 😡

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You'll need to point out how they're trying to avoid their tax obligations.  Most people with their own company or who are self employed have accountants. 

Assuming you're on PAYE, if your work payroll put you on the wrong tax code by mistake and you suddenly found your take home far less than it should be -  would you:

a) try and change it to what it should be or

b) just suck it up?

As I am someone who lives payday to payday, I'd ask them to rectify it asap.

If I was a millionaire with vast inherited wealth, probably I would react differently. Though maybe if I was such a millionaire I'd have a different mindset and demand it was corrected immediately. Rich people seem to care very much indeed about hoarding every penny they can, so perhaps I'd be no different.

1 hour ago, incident said:

You should probably google "business relief for inheritance tax".

In short - unless they've got wind of upcoming (and what would have to be very fundamental) rule changes in the budget, and are doing this to get ahead of that, this is very unlikely to be tax avoidance / evasion - as (under the current rules) the shares being transferred would be eligible for 100% relief for inheritance tax (ie not pay it).

Well if they are not avoiding any tax then there's no issue.

But regardless of that, people were still celebrating the hypothetical avoidance, so the debate is worth having I reckon.

There's a difference between a) tax planning, b) tax avoidance and c) tax evasion.

Roughly speaking they break down as a) following the rules and where possible minimising what you pay b) exploiting the rules via loopholes and complexities and offshore accounts in the Cayman Islands and ao on c) illegal behaviour.

Unless you know otherwise the Eavii seem to be doing a).  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, russycarps said:

But regardless of that, people were still celebrating the hypothetical avoidance, so the debate is worth having I reckon.

Literally nobody (here, at least) matches that description.

56 minutes ago, plaskins said:

And the £3 meal deal has massively increased 😡

Not if you steal the items! It's still costs the same then. 

PS - I don't steal items myself, but am acquainted with a few people who do. I once gave a lift to such a lady (when I still lived in Birmingham) to a family barbecue (her family, not mine) and she asked me to pull into a Farm Foods car park, which I did She said to me I've just got to nip in and get a few bits and bobs for the BBQ, and off she went, into the shop. When she came back and we were driving away she said 'You and Stella like a leg of lamb, don't you'? I agreed with her that we did. And then she reached down into her enormous cleavage and pulled out a whole leg of lamb, and said 'Here, this is for the lift'!  I sh*t you not. 

Now to go down a rabbit hole. I went to one of my cousins weddings (before the above incident) many years ago, and guess what? He was marrying the daughter (I am not sure if she has sisters) of the owner of Farm Foods. We are now talking the likes of those who have Learjets. Every car was a Roller, Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc And I rock up in my Ford Sierra, whose roof rack I only took off that morning because I knew it was going to be a posh wedding! lol