Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Companies House Changes

AFJM78

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

I mean it's partly because what you're getting at with that last sentence. Only 4% of people every pay anything, but those are not the 4% richest. The very richest have it tied up in non-taxable assets while it's the next branch down that pay.

I'd replace the whole system so you were not limited on what you gave, but what you could receive. So everyone had a lifetime gift limit of say, £5 million, which is what you can receive in cash/asset gifts in your lifetime, including inheritance. And that's the only relief. So if a billionaire dies, they can leave £5 million each to their kids, and if they can find 1000 other people they can leave them £5 million each too and pay no tax at all.

They may not be the 4% wealthiest but they are all very wealthy - which is why I am baffled why people are so angry about the tax that they will never come close to paying.

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

And the sister took the lot, I presume? Even though I fear my brothers will do something similar to me, I know 100% that I'd never do it to them. It wouldn't even cross my mind. That, as you say, would be dirty money.

Exactly what happened. She gave her sister lots of support in the last and even bought her a car at one point, so I think she expected her to do right by her. But yeah, money changes things, doesn't it? 😕