Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Lido Festival 2025

johnl

The cogs in my head are already considering what are the chances of promotions/freebies for this as per the early APE years. Would assume there will be a few poor selling days as per APE, although probably a lot less competition on the weekends LIDO is on. Much harder to launch a new venture on dates already associated with other brands.

39 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

I’m wondering whether this is an APE rebrand and the APE August dates will cease to be from maybe 2026 onwards? There wasn’t enough demand for 6 APE dates let alone 6 more. It might also help them move away from the freebies based operating model.

Does anyone know when the APE license ends for the August dates?

If they wanted only 6 dates they would just move them to  begin with instead of going through the slow, expensive and unpopular process of doubling the number of dates

On 10/25/2024 at 11:26 AM, johnl said:

Be interesting to see how this pans out. Maybe look at the Primavera line up for clues.

i thought Charli XCX could be in with a shout from Primavera although, would not be appealing to me.

More up my street, I noticed that Idles & Turnstile are at Primavera and so active around this time. I would be a happy with a day with them and a curated lineup.

18 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Any chance of Iggy Pop I wonder, after Bearded Theory? Although hardly an emerging artist if that is definitely to be their focus.

Would love Iggy, I wonder how his date in park done last year. I missed it as all readyhad tickets for something else.

I took the focus on emerging artists as they still book tciket shifters newor old at the top of the poster but fill the undercard up with new artists i.e cheap bookings.

Use the idea of supporting new talent to justify lots of smaller names down the lineup.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dales said:

i thought Charli XCX could be in with a shout from Primavera although, would not be appealing to me.

More up my street, I noticed that Idles & Turnstile are at Primavera and so active around this time. I would be a happy with a day with them and a curated lineup.

Thought they might try and wheel out LCD Soundsystem again as it’s a “different” Festival. I’ve no idea but might FKA Twigs be big enough to try as a headliner? 

15 minutes ago, Dales said:

Would love Iggy, I wonder how his date in park done last year. I missed it as all readyhad tickets for something else.

I took the focus on emerging artists as they still book tciket shifters newor old at the top of the poster but fill the undercard up with new artists i.e cheap bookings.

Use the idea of supporting new talent to justify lots of smaller names down the lineup.

Yeah, you're probably right about the undercard. They still need to shift a good number of tickets, so one or two established artists will help with that. Would love to see Iggy too and can't make BT.

1 hour ago, johnl said:

Thought they might try and wheel out LCD Soundsystem again as it’s a “different” Festival. I’ve no idea but might FKA Twigs be big enough to try as a headliner? 

Well they booked Jamie XX, so not avoiding previous APE bookings. I would have thought that LCD playing the same park this year might put them off booking them. If LCD are back in London doing outdoor shows maybe Gunnersbury, Crystal Palace or not at all.

A bit like Charli XCX, I don't know much about FKA Twigs and how popular they are. My assumption is placement at other events would suggest they are both big enough. Still not sure if they will be as eclectic in thir bookings as APE.

I am guessing they will start to push the lineups for Lido out early to put some time between promoting that and advertising and selling tickets for APE. Really hoping they pad the Jamie XX day out quiet early, so we can get an idea of what to expect from one of their lineups.