.... and today the time sponsored by Brothers Cider ....

Guest dirtyepic

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm...just had a count up and i reckon that we're 4 days out given that fest starts on Weds 25th June 2008. that would make today 330.....any else care to check in case i'm losing my marbles?

but assuming i'm right....

Hmmmm, just checked a few random countdown timers I found lurking around on the interwebthingy and they came up with answers various between 332 and 335 days !!! However, a quicky bit of noddy editing and tweaking to a chunk of javascript that I shamelessly borrowed from somewhere donkey's years ago says the answer is 333 and a bit days from right now. A bit of messing around also indicates that not only is the leap year taken into account but so would the change to/from BST and GMT if that was applicable :P

So there you go, clicky this jolly fine linky for the 'official' timer ... unless you know different and can prove it of course :D

[geek mode]

Can anyone actually confirm beyond doubt that the Javascript function 'getTime' (number of milliseconds since 1st Jan 1970) does indeed take leap years into account as I rather suspect it does ?

[/geek mode]

PS: Any bijou bugettes in said code are most likely entirely due to consumption of the sponsor's jolly fine green bottles of pear based beverage rather than gross stupidity of course drunk.gif ... hic, I too could be an astronaut with NASA :)

Edited by mikeb

Hmmmm, just checked a few random countdown timers I found lurking around on the interwebthingy and they came up with answers various between 333 and 335 days !!! However, a quicky bit of noddy editing and tweaking to a chunk of javascript that I shamelessly borrowed from somewhere donkey's years ago says the answer is 333 and a bit days from right now. A bit of messing around also indicates that not only is the leap year taken into account but so would the change to/from BST and GMT if that was applicable :P

So there you go, clicky this jolly fine linky for the 'official' timer ... unless you know different and can prove it of course :D

[geek mode]

Can anyone confirm actually beyond doubt that the Javascript function 'getTime' (number of milliseconds since 1st Jan 1970) does indeed take leap years into account as I suspect it does ?

[/geek mode]

PS: Any bijou bugettes in said code are most likely entirely due to consumption of the sponsor's jolly fine green bottles of pear based beverage rather than gross stupidity of course drunk.gif ... hic, I too could be an astronaut with NASA :)

• 1 month later...

Noooooooo!, you defo should clicky to checky the 'official' eFests sleep counter to avoid a really embarrassing case of premature illustration :D You're wayahead of reality and it shouldn't be aloud but enough of all the cr@p puns, enjoy some cAr p0rN in the privacy of your own home instead:

ferrari%20275gtb.jpg

Mmmmmm, Ferarri 275 GTB ... is she a goer, eh ? know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more ... and all that :lol:

PS: How weird that you should be sad enough thinking of posting something on here cos I had the sudden urge to do the same for some strange reason (quite possibly Pear Cider Perry related) at stupid o'clock this morning and very nearly did so ! Scary :lol:

Edited by mikeb

• 2 weeks later...

Today, there are only 100000000 sleeps left so to celebrate this jolly fine day in the old count-down, deserves something PC related methinks:

pcw256.jpg

A state of the ark art PC - the PCW-256, a lightning fast 4Mhz 8 bit processor with an absolutely whopping 256KB memory. WOW! and I thought my 'puter with a massive 48KB memory was the canine genitalia when I paid several arms and legs for it at the time :) Plus, who needs bl**dy Windoze when you have the awesome power of CP/M or a looky-likey rip-off on a floppy that only requires a mere 16KB of system memory to run everything you could possibly imagine :D

pacman1.gif Yaaaay !

... wanders off muttering "there are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I felt one of these

200.jpg

coming on at stupid o'clock this morning ... but was obviously way too drunk, stupid, not sad enough or whatever to remember to post it :P However, fear not, better late than never ! although that (in)famous cliche is perhaps not to be relied on as being anything remotely true on the 1st of April of course :)

And just to keep up-to-date, today there are 'only'

199.jpg

sleeps to go. Yaaaaaay, monster truck p0rN :O

Edited by mikeb