.... and today the time sponsored by Brothers Cider ....

Guest dirtyepic

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fac088.gif

FAC 88

THE WAKE: Talk About the Past

Released March 1984

... to redsaucehorsedivorce

still not out for pint but I did meet up with for a swift jar of the black stuff with The Gogs after learning all about natural stone tiling at tea time tonight.

Life in the fast lane. I just can't keep up

factorycomposite512.jpg

Factory Records

FAC 86

The Hacienda Must Be built

December 1983

Description: Factory Xmas card for 1983, reprinted for Factory Shop in 1990

Designed by Johnson/Panas, Manchester.

Status Very Rare

(1990 version with blue wrap round)

4 colour one-side printing on 4 sheets of card with printed wrap round.

400 produced; 300 mailed out. Later version, 500 printed

Original proposal was to make a pop-up Hacienda as that year's Christmas present. A visit to Pollocks Toy shop in London confirmed suspicions that the only company in the world that had the technology to make pop up books was in Chile.

No good for a quick turn round. A cut-out theatre was obtained from Pollocks and delivered back in Manchester to Trevor Johnson and Tony Panas. They came up with a construction kit that actually works. Do it with care and you get a perfect 3D of the dance floor and back wall with it's acoustic paneling designed by Salford University Acoustics Department, and even Salford, sorry, acid corner.

What does 81 signify? I thought this was counting down... it started on 69!

2006-80-pint-ebay.jpg

To any newcomers to this long-running sleep countdown to Glastonbury.

Hello and welcome, please join in get your pics on here!!!

Only 80 sleeps till we head off down that long road to Somerset. Not long now!!!!

There is no spoon confusion ... there is only ONE thread as established April 2007 and in continuous service ever since and complete with the ever helpful and world renowned Mr.Sleep-Counter to avoid premature illustration !

I did have this wonderful piccy to post ... but some feline-like eFester beat me to it by a few minutes ;) ... :P:)

... wanders off to find an even betterer piccy for later

siggraph79.gif

Today my entry on the sleep-counting-thread is dedicated to the Brilliant Geordie Village Massive!

Down to our excellent teamwork and dedication to the cause we secured all 44 of our tickets well before dinnertime and were able to celebrate in our local hostelry with lashings of real ale!!!

Not long now. 79 sleeps and we will be able to relax in front of the Brothers Bar with our pals on the lash in the blistering heat!!!!

siggraph79.gif

Today my entry on the sleep-counting-thread is dedicated to the Brilliant Geordie Village Massive!

Down to our excellent teamwork and dedication to the cause we secured all 44 of our tickets well before dinnertime and were able to celebrate in our local hostelry with lashings of real ale!!!

Not long now. 79 sleeps and we will be able to relax in front of the Brothers Bar with our pals on the lash in the blistering heat!!!!