singles thread

Guest outtolunch

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you didn't start on some kind of rant about dole scroungers taking all your money and spending it on smokes and television shows, markeee? That kind of thing tends to go down badly with most people. Outside of a Young Conservative conference, anyway.

If you honestly think you didn't do anything wrong, you are going to have to think about the way you treated her. Even if its for future dates to be.

For example, just think about EVERYTHING you did, good and bad. Then think of the way you did them. Then think from a female point of view. For example you say you were with 2 work mates. Were they both male? Did she feel comfortable with them or did she feel intimidated?

Did at any point you say something that you thought was harmless, but made her feel vunerable?

If you can think about the way you treated her and anything that may have made up her decision not to want to see you again, then at least you'll have something to work on the next time you go on a date. That way hopefully the same thing won't happen.

Well either the girl felt she couldnt leave, or she's a total attention seeking twat.

From your posts on here you seem to be quite..."intense" when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex so it perhaps could be a bit of both. If she was just attention seeking (saying she was going to leave so people would give her attention and get her to stay) then I dont think she would have then reacted by telling you to leave her alone. I dont know what you actually said to her but maybe she just felt a bit intimidated and pressured.

That's just my opinion tho

i'm no expert but

WARNING brutal honesty

The desperation. The morning is here, everyone's head is banging, if she wants to go and lives nearby offer to walk her back, if she declines then say fair enough and say your goodbyes at the door, don't ever beg a girl to stay for more drink, seems like you're trying to get her drunk by doing that. None of us were there, but minute sounds bang on, her being a bit intimidated by it, not going to lie mate it does sound weird you going on about the doors being unlocked etc (again probably harmless but it does sound creepy)

/brutal honesty

If you honestly think you didn't do anything wrong, you are going to have to think about the way you treated her. Even if its for future dates to be.

For example, just think about EVERYTHING you did, good and bad. Then think of the way you did them. Then think from a female point of view. For example you say you were with 2 work mates. Were they both male? Did she feel comfortable with them or did she feel intimidated?

Did at any point you say something that you thought was harmless, but made her feel vunerable?

If you can think about the way you treated her and anything that may have made up her decision not to want to see you again, then at least you'll have something to work on the next time you go on a date. That way hopefully the same thing won't happen.

yea i'm gonna be honest that does sound dodgy markee.

was recently in a situation where a friend of a friend was making a move on me and refusing to leave my room. (he was crashing on our sofa after a night out and we have ensuites, he needed to use the loo and everyone else had gone to bed. he'd asked me out a few months earlier and i'd politely turned him down and even set him up with a friend. i thought it he was over it)

my door was unlocked, i could have walked out but didnt feel like i could. he was really drunk but that isn't an excuse, so was i and he was taking advantage.

i was polite at first just saying no when he was trying to kiss me and letting him down gently pretending i liked someone else. but he was so persistant wouldnt give up.

i'm actually scared thinking about what might of happened if i hadn't of been strong enough (mentally and physically) to push him off me and walk to my door and open it and kick him out.

i was expecting an apologetic text the next day but still haven't heard anything off him.

i'm not going to speak to him again even though it will be awkward.

its knowing where to draw the line. i know you werent being physical but i felt threatened when he was just verbally trying to persuade me to let him stay.

either text her and apologise then leave her alone or move on.

in other news, a random stranger asked me out yesterday while i was ridiculously hungover and looking my worst. confidence boost much!?

was recently in a situation where a friend of a friend was making a move on me and refusing to leave my room. (he was crashing on our sofa after a night out and we have ensuites, he needed to use the loo and everyone else had gone to bed. he'd asked me out a few months earlier and i'd politely turned him down and even set him up with a friend. i thought it he was over it)

my door was unlocked, i could have walked out but didnt feel like i could. he was really drunk but that isn't an excuse, so was i and he was taking advantage.

i was polite at first just saying no when he was trying to kiss me and letting him down gently pretending i liked someone else. but he was so persistant wouldnt give up.

i'm actually scared thinking about what might of happened if i hadn't of been strong enough (mentally and physically) to push him off me and walk to my door and open it and kick him out.

i was expecting an apologetic text the next day but still haven't heard anything off him.

its knowing where to draw the line. i know you werent being physical but i felt threatened when he was just verbally trying to persuade me to let him stay.

in other news, a random stranger asked me out yesterday while i was ridiculously hungover and looking my worst. confidence boost much!?

Edited by markeee

IT'S FINE BECAUSE I DIDN'T LOCK HER IN. EVERYTHING IS FINE IF THE DEADBOLT ISN'T ON. IT WASN'T LOCKED!!!!

I reckon if some girl you met and freaked out/who was an ass pain asks you not to call them, maybe oooh I don't know, think about perhaps not calling them. Controversial.