NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like i'll be needing a new 360 controller after my current one decided it didnt like its encounter with my wall :lol: Bloody Call of duty WAW veteran mode!!! Why did they make it so frustrating? :unsure:

Edited by parTy animal

I've borrowed Assassins Creed from a mate. It's actually much better than I thought it would be.

The sequel should be interesting - sounds like it'll be set in Renaissance Italy.

i just couldnt get into it. got it when i rebought the xbox with halo 3. didnt like either games. lucky i bought fifa at the same time :unsure:

id rather call of duty than something like halo. cant say im a big fps fan anyway. theyve all gone downhill since goldeneye :unsure:

I thought Assassins Creed was bloody good.

I don't tend to play games and finish them in a weekend, which is what quite a lot of the vocal majority of gamers seem to do. It often takes me a good month to finish the single player of what is reportedly a "mere 8 hours" game.

The internet is quite deceiving. Often the people who comment on videogames generally consume them like they're Big Macs, they just scoff them down and then go on the internet to moan about how they didn't last very long, when really games aren't really built to withstand such idle and dismissive abuse. Some are meant to be savourred in different ways. You rarely hear from the people who thought the game was perfect because they're often not the kind of person to actually comment on it.

And that's why I didn't play Assassins Creed until my brother lent it to me, because all I read was "its short and repetitive". These sorts of games generally prove that the vocal majority are often full of shit.

Dead Space, another one I read about being "too short" for instance was reported to clock in at 8 hours by some reveiwers and some gamers. It took me 12 in total according to the save file, so that's not counting the hour or so extra in total that I lost because of deaths! And I thought I pushed myself at a pace that I considerred to be pretty quick. So God knows what those people who took 8 hours must have exeprieneced of the game. Game reveiwers are not to be trusted mainly because they seem to go through games like a teacher would go through marking exams. It's like people don't really PLAY games anymore.

I thought Assassins Creed was brilliant, and cannot wait for the sequel.

Edited by Purple Monkey

I thought Assassins Creed was bloody good.

I don't tend to play games and finish them in a weekend, which is what quite a lot of the vocal majority of gamers seem to do.

The internet is quite deceiving. Often the people who comment on videogames generally consume them like they're Big Macs, they just scoff them down and then go on the internet to moan about how they didn't last very long, when really games aren't really built to withstand such idle and dismissive abuse. Some are meant to be savourred in different ways.

And that's why I didn't play Assassins Creed until my brother lent it to me, because all I read was "its short and repetitive". These sorts of games generally prove that the vocal majority are often full of shit.

I thought Assassins Creed was brilliant, and cannot wait for the sequel.

yeah i dont listen to game lengths or any of that pish. its only the geeks with 80 games in their collection that do it in that.

i fanny about too much. like gta, whatever that recommended time is, you could probably times mine by about ten.

If you're bored enough to click on my gamer card thing in my sig, you'll find I try to play through every game I get at my own pace.

Although I'm not an 'achievement whore' with every game I play (some exceptions - notably every Lego game as collecting stuff is the most fun bit IMHO) if you spend time doing side quests and the like, you'll pick up achievement points more often than not. I don't do it just to get these points, I do it because I've spent £30-40 on a game, so I want to get as much out of it as I possibly can and not cash it in for crap like 'Chav Car Chase and Gunz 4' for 1/10 of the price I bought it for a week earlier.

I've borrowed Assassins Creed from a mate. It's actually much better than I thought it would be.

The sequel should be interesting - sounds like it'll be set in Renaissance Italy.